Project Normandy

Discussion of the BF2 Project Reality mod.
Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:43 pm

• Introducing Project Normandy! It's basically PR meets Forgotten Hope 2 (i.e. PR in a WWII setting). Or remember Battlefield 1942 anyone? And what better setting for frantic in-your-face chaos than the beaches of Normandy...

Info: ... ost1701429

General Info:
    DATE: 4th of December
    TIME: 1900h Gmt+1
    Server Name: [USF] Project Normandy - EVENT
    Server Password: pn
    Requirements: - You must have Project Normandy Installed!

Point of Event:
    We will be testing the 64p maplayer. (With 100+ tests in the future!) It can also be considered a final test of the normandy 64p layer. Hopefully we have fixed all the server bugs / errors by event time.

Extra Notes:
    There will be no sign up stage for this event.
    If the PR DEV's have made it so we can request Mumble channels before event time we will be having a mumble channel.. Till then old Mumble can be used etc..

The goal is to fill up the server, to asure that the serverfiles do work the way they should, and it is also a goal to have LOTS of fun during the event.

Our Project Leader. "AfterDune" has been looking forward to release. And now its finaly out there, so lets get this thing running!

Having Problems Installing? | Are you Crashing During loading?
    Heres a small sheet I made for the people who still dont know how it all works

Step 1: Install
    -First, run the installer, in case you have downloaded the files via a torrent. You must first extract the Project Normandy Setup.exe file.

Step 2: Agreement
    -You must first agree with the License Agreement

Step 3: Read the Information
    -If you read carefully it claims to install inside your PR folder. Simply hit Next.

Step 4: Installation Dirr
    When the installer opens, be sure it install's to the following area:
    Win32 Users:
    C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr

Win64 Users:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr
    So if you got this on steam, or have it downloaded elsewhere, Just be sure it links to your PR [dirr].

The Way Normandy Works:
    Alright, so to start off I wanna remind everyone that Normandy is a addon for PR, meaning you will need the lastest version of PR to run Normandy.

Also as its a addon for PR it means that it is basicly, just 2 new factions on a new map (for now). So the way you launch this, is by booting up normal PR. You should then see the normandy servers has turned "White" and is no longer "Red" if it still is red, please PM me and I will help you out

So all in all as I said above its simply just another map and a few more factions .

So there is no special launcher for normandy..

In Case of crash during Loading
    -I know this sounds wired, but try lower your settings to very, even your resolution of the screen (In-game only) Then reboot your game and load in with the low settings, if this still is not loading in, please contact "[R-DEV]AfterDune" Here on the forums.

If you do happen to load in with the low settings, you can then disconnect from the server, and go change your settings to normal again. Again. Remember that each time you edit your video settings, reboot the game to be sure they have effect.
    I hope this helped some people!

For now our server will be running with event password, you can join in and have a preview on the addon now!

Hopes to see you soon!

N-CON uss-finest

Download here: ... mandy.html

Carolina Corpse Creator

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:39 pm

• If there were 128 players for that I would have an orgasm

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:50 am

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:51 am

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:If there were 128 players for that I would have an orgasm

i think in every topic the word 'boner' or 'orgasm' has been mentioned WTH is wrong with us ?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:57 pm

• We tried our best to get at least 44(US) vs 20(German) yesterday... went well for the Americans... we just lined up our boats and rushed into Dog(Middle flag). Only problem.... it was a large beach. We lost at least 20-30 guys to MG fire and mortars. Overall it was fun...
    Clan Young Gun

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 am

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:03 am

• Cant do it, it's the Missus's b-day, well it's Monday but we have dinner plans tonight! 8)

Actually, I've got some time this afternoon, gonna give it a go before dinner time. I might even manage to hop back on a little later tonight! :D

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:32 am

• I was able to go for a bit .. I enjoyed that map. Wish I could have played longer =)

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 am

• I really enjoyed it too, we were @ about 150 people in there @ one point. Our 12 man squad managed to clear all the beach objectives pretty quickly without too many casualties (about 200 tickets, Trooper got blown to bits on the beach during the first wave, but I was luckier and managed to clear the beach, capture 2 flags, take out 2 arty units and kill 2 nme before I was taken out :P) but we ran into some serious trouble @ the Control Center where Ze Germans put up quite a fight. It cost our team about 500 tickets and a number of failed flankings and frontals before we managed to take it after a well coordinated Area Attack, smoke screens and a push by 2 squads. We beat the Germans with 300+ tickets to spare in the end! 8)
    Great map imo, pity it's not up more often!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 am

• Thank you SingSing for the awesome new signature line and avatar!!!! Isn't it great guys? I loved going through pics with you to capture my "essence" LOL You did an outstanding job! I am so excited! Thank you thank you!!!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:39 am

• Hello Jaedryn. The sig looks great and happy to see you got those OSS tags on your name too!
    Looking good.. :D

The Character makes me think of my oldest daughter headed to a WideSpread Panic Concert... :shock: (she is a complete hippie when she's on her concert binge)

She Hoops and has a blast at those concerts in true Hippie Fashion
    This is her in my backyard :

Kudos to Sing on that graphic...looks just awesome on my screen. :twisted:

I like the Avatar as well.

Now make sure in BF3 that you add the tags in the TAG box in your profile.
    Some of our guys added it in the Name Box AND in the Tag Box and they show up like
    "(OSS) OSS-56BLOOD". < Phail.

It should come out in game looking like "(OSS) Jaedryn".

Okay not trying to hi-jack the thread, I must comment that looking at the Normandy Mod gets me riled up wanting to play the PR some more.
    But I currently have the BF3 bug up my arse and haven't been spreading my game time around very much among the several I have active....
    'Bama Bulldog

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:06 pm

• Thanks Blood! I think I got the tags right on BF3. Playing last night seemed kind of glitchy for me for the first time, wonder if it had anything to do with an update I got? ::shrugs:: hopefully it will straighten out. I am still enjoying BF3 quite a bit, not as structured as PR but I really don't see why it couldn't be.. well I guess I do actually. Everyone playing PR is there for the teamwork involved as well as the gameplay. There is an understanding between everyone that the entire team works together. However I enjoy the way I can do my own thing in BF3 as well and am not limited in my kit depending on what others want. I can start out as engineer help take flags, then sit back and snipe awhile until we start losing flags, then go back to engineer, take out a few tanks and cap some flags.... keeps it interesting. Plus I can SEE the Enemy!!! LOL I have been having a problem with that on PR... but it just takes getting used to. I WILL get better! Promise guys =)

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:41 am

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Return to BF2 Project Reality