If your taking a break, might wanna jump back in.....

Strats, Tactix, etc. for WoT

Sun May 08, 2011 4:44 am

Sun May 08, 2011 5:39 am

• =OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote:But only for the first victory of the day correct?

Correct, still a very nice bonus, and the modification bonus is nice, 250K vs 500K

Hell my exp went from 1-2K to 5-7K on some of my tanks for that bonus
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Sun May 08, 2011 3:45 pm

• Extra bonus................ free chocolate and coca cola given to all players (consumables). Woot Woot

Hint: be sure to stock your depot with equiptment today. Everything is half price (camo, spall liners, tool boxes, etc.) In particular be sure to buy up the remountable items for future use.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Sun May 08, 2011 5:37 pm

• Oh yeah. Racking up xp I can almost get the KV. Never tried out a heavy before.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Mon May 09, 2011 7:22 am

• dangit i wrote it too late here and on WOT forums also :(
    nvm at least i have all my 5 tanks now got to a lead one
    now im waiting for next patch and if someone of u premium users ´d be kind and send me gold to get a premium acc i´ll get some more slots then with earned/converted gold to get things goin
    actually i have PzIII, Hetzer, MarderII, A20, SU26
    im goin´further to StuGIII, german mediums, russian SPG´s and from A20 down the russian mediums (maybe switch to TD´s)
    however with only 5 slots its not fun when u´ve researched a tank full cuz u gotta sell one before buy next
    :( i could sell the Marder to get another one but imo its a nice TD for the lower tier fights
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Mon May 09, 2011 9:53 am

• Ghost I can get you some gold but, as you know, can't transfer til the next patch. :x

My thoughts on your tank selections............ PzIII is a sweet ride and a joy to play, but it is a level 3 and will put you in with the big boys............. Hetzer will probably be my next purchase, get a camo net and camo skills for the crew and you are practically invisible in bushes................. Marder (have not played it)............... as for the A20 I have to prefer the T2 light for a scout.............SU26, yuck, slow and will put you in crapass maps, for arty I like the T57 with a camo trained crew, shell rammer, camo net and fast aiming module. It's fast as most tanks on the move and fast on the reloads. Not even gonna grind up the arty line cuz the reloads get longer and the vehicles get slower. I don't mind a match full of heavies with this machine. :))
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Mon May 09, 2011 11:23 am

• Hetzer - Slow but okay if you have the 105mm but it lacks range and the 75mm doesn't penetrate well.

StuG III - Has the speed and its 75mm balances it well. I use the StuG as my credit and experience farmer.

JagdPzIV - A little slower than the StuG but the 88mm makes the difference. Though it has a glass jaw and seems to be the "human torch" of the tank world (be sure to equip fire protection).

JgPanther - By far my favorite. Roughly the same speed as the JagdPzIV but more protection. The 105mm is fun but cost ineffective, the 88mm might take more shots to kill, but at least it doesn't take all of my winnings to rearm.

=OSS*repor
    The Rockin' Rocketeer

Mon May 09, 2011 12:38 pm

• well if that is so i will cancel the arty line and concentratre on the TD´s
    i just like the TD gameplay it´s like the ol Metallica song searching,seek and destroy :twisted: and though i have no premium acc yet i cant get the T2 light :( but the A20 does the job well also on fights with the heavys just because of it´s speed
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Mon May 09, 2011 2:56 pm

• =OSS*repor wrote:Hetzer - Slow but okay if you have the 105mm but it lacks range and the 75mm doesn't penetrate well.

As far as I know all the non-arty weapons have the same range ?????

=OSS*repor wrote:StuG III - Has the speed and its 75mm balances it well. I use the StuG as my credit and experience farmer.

Farming experience? Other than the little bit of free experience, you have to pay to convert it. Get's a bit pricey, does it not?? The only time I do the conversion thing is after I have elited a tank and have a little exp left over. After that is training time for the crew.

I tried the Hetzer today. Not crazy about it, but to be fair I haven't fully upgraded it and the crew is a bunch of noobs (just starting secondary skill).
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 pm

• im still not at 100% with Hetzer crew to be honest with no tankcrew
    Hetzer is most advanced withabout 90% but the 10.5cm rocks altough it has a bit long reload time but within 200 to 300 meters u can hurt any tank up to KV3 but this one then only fom the side i like it :D
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Mon May 09, 2011 6:09 pm

• ok i comment my own post but im so fed up with this game at the moment
    bought me an T34 and an PzIII/IV and my personal experience is that the further u move up the more u get asskicked bigstyle
    im alway in matches with IS3 and other high classes like this one i cant even get a shot on someone cuz then arty gets me but maybe im just too stupid to counter someone or hide or what else
    i´ll give it a tyr till end of the week and the im back on BC2 to train a bit for june cheers
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Mon May 09, 2011 6:27 pm

• Get that t34 fully upgraded and add that 57mm and you will be happy. The t34 absolutely sucked till I got that gun. Good RoF and penetration. I'm sure that panzer has a gun like that
    =OSS*Bomber=

Mon May 09, 2011 9:43 pm

• Well ghost........... I have the same feelings about playing the lower level Medium tanks............. it just sucks. You never get to be the best tank in the match, your always facing tanks that are better in just about every way. They claimed that "life got better" when you reached a level 5 tank, I'm not seeing it. I am currently grinding away with a level 5 Panzer IV. It is too slow to scout and too weakgunned to fight with the heavies. I have basically two choices when playing. On a map with trees and bushes I can park this peice of shit in the foliage and snipe for tablescraps. On a map with no groundcover I charge headlong into the enemy immediately, grab a few points for spotting and move quickly to another round. Only the hope that next tank will be better keeps me going.

The only real fun is playing my level two units.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Mon May 09, 2011 9:56 pm

• =OSS*ROID= wrote:Well ghost........... I have the same feelings about playing the lower level Medium tanks............. it just sucks. You never get to be the best tank in the match, your always facing tanks that are better in just about every way. They claimed that "life got better" when you reached a level 5 tank, I'm not seeing it. I am currently grinding away with a level 5 Panzer IV. It is too slow to scout and too weakgunned to fight with the heavies. I have basically two choices when playing. On a map with trees and bushes I can park this peice of shit in the foliage and snipe for tablescraps. On a map with no groundcover I charge headlong into the enemy immediately, grab a few points for spotting and move quickly to another round. Only the hope that next tank will be better keeps me going.

The only real fun is playing my level two units.

I would say that the lower tier units are fun tanks, whereas the higher tier units, you have to be much more tactical and strategic with. When you get up to tier 7-8-9 with heavy's and your the biggest guy on your team, you have a heck of a responsibility as well, you are their biggest gun more than likely and have the task of causing as much damage as possible.
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Next

Return to World of Tanks

Information