Advice and questions

Strats, Tactix, etc. for WoT
Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:37 am

• Clan Battles? OOH OOH!

Tank Paint Jobs? YAHOOOO!
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:04 pm

• Hey guys. We have a good amount of clanmates in WoT. Wanna start a clan in WoT to get set for clan battles?
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:13 pm

• why not it would be cool shoot the crap out of other clans i am totally for it

oh and i have indeed a question : do you need gold for being good cause i wasn't planning putting money in a online game hehe
    =OSS*FREAK=

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:18 pm

• Lol questions everywhere! Lets try to keep it in the Advices and Questions section.
    No. But its an easy way to get good tanks fast.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 pm

• Okay I am pretty sure I figured this out, but thought I would ask anyway.

I always get killed by some guy sneaking up behind me or killed by someone in front of me (-25 yards) that I can't even see. They don't show up on radar or anything until they are right there shooting at me.

I assume that they have driven to a spot really slow (like walking in other FPS games). Anyone else run into this?
    =OSS*Red_Five=

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 pm

• Higher tier tanks can see further. You can check their stats to check the tank's visual range.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:46 pm

• Should I elite every tank I buy or just move up the tech tree as fast as possible? Is there any benefit to getting elite status on all tanks?
    =OSS*Red_Five=

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:05 pm

• =OSS*Red_Five= wrote:Should I elite every tank I buy or just move up the tech tree as fast as possible? Is there any benefit to getting elite status on all tanks?

If your are planning to keep the tank, eliting it has some benefits, you can put all your experience towards training your crew and get them leveled faster, or you can use gold to convert all the experience you get on that tank into free experience, which can be used on ANY tank. There are some tanks that are good credit farmers as well, usually tier 5's and 6's as when you get higher, they also get more expensive to maintain
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:07 pm

• =OSS*Red_Five= wrote:Okay I am pretty sure I figured this out, but thought I would ask anyway.

I always get killed by some guy sneaking up behind me or killed by someone in front of me (-25 yards) that I can't even see. They don't show up on radar or anything until they are right there shooting at me.

I assume that they have driven to a spot really slow (like walking in other FPS games). Anyone else run into this?

Its not even a matter of tier necessarily, its view range, crew experience (which determines if you have the full view range, 100% crew gets the full range displayed in the tanks stats) did the enemy tank have camo on? was it a TD? (they get a camo bonus) and were they behind a bush?

If it was a TD, its possible for them to stay hidden up to 50 or so yards if they remain absolutely still, no turret movement either, any other tank would have a harder time, but its not impossible
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:43 am

• Does turret movement coun't in breaking your camoflage? I realize that if they actually see your turret moving your screwed. But does turret movement alone eliminate the benefits of my camo net and crew training? Have a camo net and the whole crew over 50 percent trained in camo on my one arty piece and am wondering if I wasted all those credits and experience. If turret movement alone breaks camo then camo is all but useless since the turret moves every time you retarget. ??
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 am

• =OSS*ROID= wrote:Does turret movement coun't in breaking your camoflage? I realize that if they actually see your turret moving your screwed. But does turret movement alone eliminate the benefits of my camo net and crew training? Have a camo net and the whole crew over 50 percent trained in camo on my one arty piece and am wondering if I wasted all those credits and experience. If turret movement alone breaks camo then camo is all but useless since the turret moves every time you retarget. ??

It does count but only in closer distances, we arent talking 300 meters, you move your turret someone will see you, so if you want to look around, hold the right mouse button and you can look at way, and when you want ot fire, blast him
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:38 am

• No offense guys, but I find this camping stuff a waste of time and enjoyment which is why I am going to uninstall. I tried it continually and earned about 40,000+ credits (whatever that means - but don't care).

To be blown away by a big fat tank camping in a bush when his firepower is far greater than yours (especially when yours will not pierce it) is worse than pathetic. There's no stategy if every player sits in a bush camping waiting for the other to move in 5-10 minutes. I find it a total waste of time and does not offer enough excitement for me to be motivated to play more.

Yes it can be fun and is when peeps get out there and have a real go.

I thought about buying premium to get something decent but when I thought about it - I would probably end up being a total hypercrit and camp like everyone else is. HOWEVER... I did find the Himmelsdorf map enjoyable simply because you cannot really hide/camp.

I am still waiting for a decent FPS game to rival SOF2 that can offer the zip, the fun and the sheer excitement. Yes campers are in every game. Sorry if I offend (not meant). No Guts, No Glory is my gaming way.

BF2/BF3 would be good for me with strategy and did find BF2 great at first.. but just didn't and still don't have the time to play for hours on end.

Anyway.. I pass on this game, but good luck and have fun.
    =OSS*Shaggie=
    Shagmeister

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:14 am

• @ Shagmasta tastes r different so i don`t think anyone will feel offended

another thing for all who play
    yesterday i started with just 2 shots on the MarderII and after killking the first tank i had about 10 shots again so could it be possible if u kill someone ur ammo gets restored during the round??
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 pm

• =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa wrote:@ Shagmasta tastes r different so i don`t think anyone will feel offended

another thing for all who play
    yesterday i started with just 2 shots on the MarderII and after killking the first tank i had about 10 shots again so could it be possible if u kill someone ur ammo gets restored during the round??

Nah if you forget to resupply your ammo before the round or run out during it, your shit outta luck, this happened to me when I was playing with ROID, we had a good laugh about it, and I got to play distraction dummy, but I couldnt do anything but ram people and take rounds.
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Next

Return to World of Tanks

Information