World of tanks goes live

Strats, Tactix, etc. for WoT
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:32 pm

• You have a bt2 and a t57. 200xp is good for those tanks. The best from the bt2 was around 400 when I killed 5 or 6 tanks.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 pm

• Red5, ya gotta get a premium account if you want to mass up points........ period.

The crew training thing is an interesting aspect. What I recommend for crew strategy is to bite the bullet and buy your crew up to 100 percent (200 gold per crewmember). I only have one German crew. I transfer that crew off their primary tank onto the "researching tank", if it's German of course. The stats are better than a fresh crew, even with the penalty for using a different tank. I transfer the crew back and forth between the tanks as I use them. The crew gets their secondary skills increased, the research tank has better crew skills than with a fresh crew............ it's a win/win situation. When the "research tank" has elited, I sell it (unless I really like it) and buy the next tank needed to climb the research tree. Getting your research points this way eliminates the need to use precious gold for experience conversions.

Tip: When you know your tank is fighting it's last battle, be sure to unclick the automatic repair and automatic ammo reload options in the garage screen. No point blowing cash on a tank that is slated for sale. I know the ammo can be resold in the depot but you don't get much for it.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:04 pm

• Yeah if I had premium, I would have already snatched that tier 4 t34 prototype. Right now I have just bought the A20 total pain in the neck to get the credits.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:56 pm

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:Yeah if I had premium, I would have already snatched that tier 4 t34 prototype. Right now I have just bought the A20 total pain in the neck to get the credits.

Once you get it upgraded, its 76mm is a hell of an upgrade from ANYTHING you have been running Bomber, not to mention the ever so *drools* godly T34 is after it, so it is worth any and all pain you might encounter
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:58 pm

• =OSS*ROID= wrote:Red5, ya gotta get a premium account if you want to mass up points........ period.

The crew training thing is an interesting aspect. What I recommend for crew strategy is to bite the bullet and buy your crew up to 100 percent (200 gold per crewmember). I only have one German crew. I transfer that crew off their primary tank onto the "researching tank", if it's German of course. The stats are better than a fresh crew, even with the penalty for using a different tank. I transfer the crew back and forth between the tanks as I use them. The crew gets their secondary skills increased, the research tank has better crew skills than with a fresh crew............ it's a win/win situation. When the "research tank" has elited, I sell it (unless I really like it) and buy the next tank needed to climb the research tree. Getting your research points this way eliminates the need to use precious gold for experience conversions.

Tip: When you know your tank is fighting it's last battle, be sure to unclick the automatic repair and automatic ammo reload options in the garage screen. No point blowing cash on a tank that is slated for sale. I know the ammo can be resold in the depot but you don't get much for it.

When you are transferring your crews between tanks, are you retraining them for that tank? If not they are not operating at 100% :/
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:38 am

• Downloaded and installed. Gonna check it out real soon. :wink:
    =OSS*Shaggie=
    Shagmeister

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:59 am

• i first said i won't play it now i am tottaly in the game still some sort of noob

played whit roid :D it was fun except the fact i never killed one tank :oops:
    =OSS*FREAK=

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:32 am

• I've tried a few times. So far to me it is totally rank and gay. :roll:
    =OSS*Shaggie=
    Shagmeister

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 am

• What are you two's ingame names. And looking back at the posts what is your's too repor?

The tier1 tanks absolutely suck!
    Most of us has worked for the medium tank or the heavy tank. Which would be the tanks in the middle of the tree. SPGs and Tank Destroyers are not really for FPS gamers cause they are tanks that are meant to be camped.

So if you want to follow my opinion, you would work for the IS7, T54, Maus, PzKpfw V Panther, M26 Pershing, and the T30.

From my experience if you go down the road to the T54, USSR tanks start bad and then later becomes better than all the other tanks. The German tanks in the beginning are an absolute pain the neck to kill. Especially the PzKpf III because it can absolutely destroy the other Tier 4 tanks. I think bulldog will have to take it from here. He has way more experience.

Edit: Also when youre tank gets destroyed, you can press "Escape" and exit the battle. Then you can just start up another game with another tank at the same time.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:44 pm

• =OSS*bulldog1986= wrote:
    =OSS*ROID= wrote:Red5, ya gotta get a premium account if you want to mass up points........ period.

When you are transferring your crews between tanks, are you retraining them for that tank? If not they are not operating at 100% :/

I'm not retraining them to the new tank. The "penalty" I mentioned refers to the reduced efficiency. The transferred crew operating with the 25% penalty for not being in their own tank is still quite a bit better than a fresh crew at 50% efficiency. Even if you blow 20K to train up the rookies, the transferred vets are still better when you consider the secondary skills, additionally the vet crew continues to add to their secondary or tertiary skill levels as they play the new tank.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:56 pm

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:What are you two's ingame names. And looking back at the posts what is your's too repor?

Most of us has worked for the medium tank or the heavy tank. Which would be the tanks in the middle of the tree. SPGs and Tank Destroyers are not really for FPS gamers cause they are tanks that are meant to be camped.

So if you want to follow my opinion, you would work for the IS7, T54, Maus, PzKpfw V Panther, M26 Pershing, and the T30.

From my experience if you go down the road to the T54, USSR tanks start bad and then later becomes better than all the other tanks. The German tanks in the beginning are an absolute pain the neck to kill. Especially the PzKpf III because it can absolutely destroy the other Tier 4 tanks. I think bulldog will have to take it from here. He has way more experience.

Edit: Also when youre tank gets destroyed, you can press "Escape" and exit the battle. Then you can just start up another game with another tank at the same time.

Freak and Keffy......... please take note of the escape and exit tip........ When we fired up our platoon the other day, I found myself stuck in Garage Hell waiting for five minutes while you guys hung in the game to watch after you had been killed. When I die, I am out of there immediately and into another game. Your tank will be locked and unavailable so you have to grab a different tank, but for the love of God don't waste time watching after you have died (unless you want to wait for a screenshot of your performance for some reason).
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:07 pm

• =OSS*ROID= wrote:
    =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:What are you two's ingame names. And looking back at the posts what is your's too repor?

Freak and Keffy......... please take note of the escape and exit tip........ When we fired up our platoon the other day, I found myself stuck in Garage Hell waiting for five minutes while you guys hung in the game to watch after you had been killed. When I die, I am out of there immediately and into another game. Your tank will be locked and unavailable so you have to grab a different tank, but for the love of God don't waste time watching after you have died (unless you want to wait for a screenshot of your performance for some reason).

yeah Roid srry i found it out earlier today it bored the hel out of me but now i know it works but indeed you have to use another tanks i am sorry roid :oops:
    =OSS*FREAK=

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:10 pm

• haha yeah sorry roid the round after you said it i did so but then you seemed to be still there (not sure) won't happen again :)
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Previous

Return to World of Tanks

Information