World of tanks goes live

Strats, Tactix, etc. for WoT
Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:39 pm

• I'm in there too from time to time. In game name is Red_Five.
    Just bought some artillary but from reading the WOT Wiki page
    that may have been a waste of credits. I guess I should have bought a medium class tank instead.
    =OSS*Red_Five=

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:46 pm

• Arty is not a waste, IMO. It makes for a nice change of pace from playing a standard type tank. Also, arty is a decent choice for maps with a lot of big bad tanks. Arty is kind of the counter to the heavy tanks. I have a level two US arty unit that I enjoy playing.

Good to have you in the mix red5 !! :)

Foom, we can use your real life ideas on tactics and strategies. :))
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:24 pm

• So we got
    bulldog1986
    BLOOD56
    ROID_ (Roid look at your messages on the bottom screen sometimes. Me and bulldog were trying to contact you so you would get in our platoon.)
    Ghostofvienna
    Red_Five
    kefke96
    Foomster (Foom you already have tier 5s!?!)
    MasterOfBulldog( "Bomber's retarded name")
    =OSS*Bomber=

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:53 pm

• Will be in game for a few hours now, if anyone wants to join, ill be in vent, hit me up in there.
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 pm

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:So we got
    bulldog1986
    BLOOD56
    ROID_ (Roid look at your messages on the bottom screen sometimes. Me and bulldog were trying to contact you so you would get in our platoon.)
    Ghostofvienna
    Red_Five
    kefke96
    Foomster (Foom you already have tier 5s!?!)
    MasterOfBulldog( "Bomber's retarded name")

Patience if overrated. Cash is kng :)
    =OSS*Foomster
    The Nightmarish Ninja

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 pm

• Oh wow! Thats how did it. lol. Convert all your gold for hard earned credits. Tsk tsk... :lol:
    =OSS*Bomber=

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:48 pm

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:Oh wow! Thats how did it. lol. Convert all your gold for hard earned credits. Tsk tsk... :lol:

DONT! EVER! CONVERT! FOR! CREDITS!
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:02 pm

=OSS*Bomber=

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:11 pm

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:Image

I was telling you, ya little fudge packin keebler elf!
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:22 am

• Credits are easily obtained. My uses for gold in order of effectiveness. IMO

1. get premium account (the credits just start rolling in with premium)
    2. Strategic training of your crew.
    3. Premium ammo...... I haven't tried this yet so not sure if it's worth it or not.
    4. convert experience............ If you plan things right you should have to do much of this (once you have elited the tank have your experience points go to crew training)
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:49 am

• =OSS*ROID= wrote:Credits are easily obtained. My uses for gold in order of effectiveness. IMO

1. get premium account (the credits just start rolling in with premium)
    2. Strategic training of your crew.
    3. Premium ammo...... I haven't tried this yet so not sure if it's worth it or not.
    4. convert experience............ If you plan things right you should have to do much of this (once you have elited the tank have your experience points go to crew training)

1. Agreed, entirely, premium accounts allow you to flow through the game at almost twice the speed you usually would
    2. I would say to 100% yes, anything beyond that, unless its going to be an absolute permanent tank, let it happen naturally
    3. Eh....its ok with some tanks, and absolute shit with others, if you know where to hit them (sides and rear, or weak spots in the front) you can penetrate them every time with normal AP usually
    4. A lifesaver for some of the more unpleasant tanks, helps you get through them and into the next tier faster, or helps you get those upgrades faster so you can elite the tank, work on exp farming, and train the crew
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:01 am

• Beta pictures of what I was able to accomplish with a little grinding and too much time on my hands :P

IS7 and T54 on the russian tree, T-34 on the american tree, and Aus B and hummel on the german tree are the furthest I have made
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:56 am

• Premium ammo is hit or miss. Works well on some, no appreciable benefit on others.

The 37mm auto cannon on the A20 pisses me off. Good damage if you can hit, but the recoil causes it to shoot high unless you're really close.

Sight placement bugs me too. On a real M1 tank, the sights are on top of the turret, so you go "turret down" with only the sights and radio antennas exposed. Lay on a target, the driver pulls forward to unmask the gun and you blast the gomers. WOT tank sights are next to the gun so you have to expose more of your own tank to lay on a target. Realistic since that's where sights were on WWII tanks. Wonder if the will continue to expand the tech tree. The Russian T54 was not in use until after WWII.

If we had an OSS platoon with everyone in vent and tried some basic tactics like paired spotting and shooting tanks, bounding overwatch, etc it could be interestng.
    =OSS*Foomster
    The Nightmarish Ninja

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:50 pm

• =OSS*Foomster wrote:Premium ammo is hit or miss. Works well on some, no appreciable benefit on others.

The 37mm auto cannon on the A20 pisses me off. Good damage if you can hit, but the recoil causes it to shoot high unless you're really close.

Sight placement bugs me too. On a real M1 tank, the sights are on top of the turret, so you go "turret down" with only the sights and radio antennas exposed. Lay on a target, the driver pulls forward to unmask the gun and you blast the gomers. WOT tank sights are next to the gun so you have to expose more of your own tank to lay on a target. Realistic since that's where sights were on WWII tanks. Wonder if the will continue to expand the tech tree. The Russian T54 was not in use until after WWII.

If we had an OSS platoon with everyone in vent and tried some basic tactics like paired spotting and shooting tanks, bounding overwatch, etc it could be interestng.

They said they are probably going as far as the Korean war and that is it, I believe it was 1960 as their limit.

French tank tree is coming, along with American TD's and More additions for German, Russian and American tree. After that it is suppose to be the British tanks coming.

As far as platooning I have been trying to make it happen, but have had timing issues. I have a premium account for the next 4 months or so, so that is no issue, just would really like ot put some nice tactics into use with you guys.

I will be on for a long long time tonight, sitting in vent as well, starting about 10 pm central time til god knows when, I am going to be doing some serious grinding....no worries though, I have tanks of multiple tiers and can play at different levels.
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:52 pm

• How do you get more XP? I am getting kills, detects, hits, and cap points, but I am only averaging around 200 per match.
    =OSS*Red_Five=

PreviousNext

Return to World of Tanks

Information