Battlefield 4

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:10 am

Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 am

• DICE halts development of all future projects as it shifts focus to Battlefield 4 issues
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/04/dice- ... sues/#null

Publisher Electronic Arts announced that DICE is halting development of all future projects and expansions until it sorts out issues currently affecting the PC and console versions of Battlefield 4.

"We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game,” an EA spokesperson told PC Gamer in a statement. “It is absolutely our #1 priority. The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game." The spokesperson also asserted a commitment to fix player issues. "We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel your pain. We will not stop until this is right.”

EA did not say how the decision will affect the development of projects we know it is working on, such as the sequels to Mirror’s Edge and Star Wars Battlefront, but it has also yet to announce release dates for those games.

EA also said that the only reason it released the China Rising DLC yesterday was because it was “already in the final stages of development,” before the publisher decided to refocus DICE's efforts on Battlefield 4’s existing technical issues.

As we reported yesterday, many players were unable to join China Rising matches after the DLC hit yesterday. “This fix will take some time to be fully completed, but players should be noticing normal gameplay behavior soon,” DICE said on Electronic Arts’ official site yesterday. China Rising was also released alongside a patch that was supposed to improve connectivity and stability, but clearly DICE is not satisfied with the results.

If it isn't a broke game. Then it's not an EA game. :mrgreen:
    =OSS*repor
    The Rockin' Rocketeer

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:29 am

• i dont think EA really needs the money from a "onrelease betagame" so much that they release it too early so again i wonder y they did it. on the other hand i bought it like millions over the world too cuz i just like BF series.
    if were lucky we have a game without issues in about 3 months.
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 pm

• :D It already works better, as expected :lol:

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:40 pm

• EA = Phail.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 am

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:38 pm

• I was enamored with Battlefield Bad Company 2. It was the introduction for the new game engine. More of an experiment I guess. But it was a good game. Too bad we all didn't jump into that with both feet. Never mind that it was indeed a Console Port over game, it was smooth and very few kinks. The maps were great and the gameplay was nice. AND they supported the game, listened to it's players and made positive changes to the game and no excessive updates because they got the shit right the first time mostly....

Battlefield 3 is still on my table. I haven't reached it's pinnacle on rank and probably won't before it fizzles out completely based on the limited time I put into online gaming anymore.
    But with all of its idiocies and smurfed shit, it's still not a bad game in Hardcore mode. At least the sniper rifles don't require 30 hits to register a frag.

But EA's phail with BF3 turned my stomach with them. Their total ignoring of what the veteran Battlefield series gamers suggested to improve the game, especially the PC group, was astronomically moronic and a slap in the face to everyone who spent their hard earned monies on their shit.

They introduced this fawked up Web Based thing they called Origin, which is the most ridiculous pile of dried up mule crap any gaming developer has ever come up with.

So, after their debut of the Premium Package, and coupled with their moronic half-assed coding of the game (I could name them all, the errors, the glitches but too many) I determined it was time to move away from EA's stench.

So the way I look at it, we'll never get the group back into the same participation levels we had with Battlefield 2. And though BF3 hinted at this possibility by the posts that were made, that it would be a good "come together" game, it never saw fruition and most everyone settled into something diametric from each other as far as group gaming.

Something may come along. Just not sure what. But the Soldier Genre is about the only way to go with the gaming that seems to appeal to more of the group in general.
    I'll stick with BF3 until I rank out and then delete it most likely.

I did have a second chance interest in the Project Reality Mod and once again had started to get into it.
    But by the time I did, it's interest had died to a mere glowing coal of what it had been and no one seems to play it with any regularity anymore either. So I canned it again...
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:40 pm

• When the idea of gaming first came out.
    "What can we as a company do to improve our games?"

Now....
    "What can we do as a company to sell our games?"
    Current answer: "Make the graphics look pretty and introduce a few new features. Save other features for next release. Dump gameplay/teamwork. Customers have to buy, not play"

This is exaggerated. I just get annoyed at how easily games today become boring.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:06 am

Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:21 pm

• won´t be on the fields for at least 2 weeks.
    i damaged (maybe destroyed) my rig after reassembling and cleaning and now its autoshutdown after about a minute.....might be cpu or something else....however its gettin repaired
    playin WoT meanwhile on laptop

hf all of u and cheers Ghost
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 pm

• Well, it looks like after February, everyone will be max rank. :roll: :lol:

Link
    To thank you for your dedication and support, I’d like to announce the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month. Starting on Saturday, February 1, DICE is saying THANK YOU to all players by hosting a month filled with fun community missions and daily giveaways that you get just for jumping into a match.

We appreciate all of the great feedback you continue to provide about all aspects of Battlefield 4. We take this very seriously, and hearing directly from you has helped to make the experience better. The latest information on our game updates can always be found in the BF4 Control Room, including a few new additions that I’m pleased to say are coming soon. First, we are further improving a number of items commonly referred to as “netcode”. This will tighten the overall multiplayer experience, and we will be able to share these items with you in detail soon. In February, we’re also re-introducing the fan favorite feature Platoons in its first iteration. In this added social layer, you can team up with your friends to create your own social space and accumulate stats together. We’re also working on other feature additions that you’ve been asking for – stay tuned for more.

Now, let me walk you through some of the initiatives that we will be launching during Player Appreciation Month. We will have more announcements to make in the upcoming weeks, but below are some of the highlights.

BF4 Battlepacks
    A Battlepack a Day

Every day that you log into the game in February, you’ll receive a Bronze or Silver Battlepack. For those of you who haven’t started opening your earned packs yet, these Battlepacks contain bonuses like XP Boosts and soldier camos. Normally, it would take approximately 30 hours gameplay to earn that many packs. Every day that you log a multiplayer game during the month of February, you will receive a new Battlepack. During weekdays, these will be Bronze, and during Saturdays and Sundays we will give away Silver Battlepacks. Remember to activate your earned XP boosts in the in-game menu to accelerate your progress.

ShortcutsShortcut Bundles
    We are preparing two shortcut bundles for Battlefield 4 that we will make available for download at no cost during the Player Appreciation Month. These voluntary shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns for Battlefield 4 (the base game) so you can make up for lost time. Or if you’re new to the game, they will help you catch up with players who have been on the Battlefield since launch. We will get back to you with more details once we have set release dates for these items.

For all of our Battlefield 4 Premium users, we’re adding two additional weapon shortcuts, unlocking DMR’s and shotguns. That way, if you like, you can quickly get your hands on a large portion of the weapons available in Battlefield 4.

Double XP Weekend
    During the Player Appreciation Month, we’ll be running a double XP weekend for all players. If you’re one of our many Battlefield 4 Premium members, you’ll also get an additional double XP weekend during the Player Appreciation Month as an added bonus.

Community Missions
    You will be able to participate in global DICE Community Missions where you will work together to unlock Gold Battlepacks. During the first of these Community-wide challenges, we will ask you to grab a set number of dog tags during a specified time. More details on this first Community Mission in Battlefield 4 to follow.

DICE Developer Talks
    Increased developer interaction and transparency on how we work is frequently requested from our fans. During Player Appreciation Month, we will host a number of interviews with some of the core developers of Battlefield 4. In these interviews, you can ask them about their line of work, the effort they’ve put into Battlefield 4, or in the case of our core gameplay designer, what the balancing process of Battlefield 4 looks like. We will announce the dates and channels for these developer interviews as the Player Appreciation Month kicks off.

We’re going to have more information available on each of the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month activities throughout February. Check back here for those details.

If you are currently playing Battlefield 4, we hope you enjoy this month-long community appreciation. If you haven’t played in a little while, it’s a great time to get back in the game. Whoever you are, we appreciate the time you spend with Battlefield 4, we thank you for your support and we hope to keep hearing from you on the Battlefield 4 forums on Battlelog. Here’s to a great 2014!
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:29 am

• wohoooo.....
    machine is home and if i have some time this weekend im on the fields again :mrgreen:
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:09 am

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:04 pm

• :lol: really fun listening to these guy, bf4 can be like that :wink:

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:14 pm

• what time y'all on been bored