What am I doing wrong with Claymores in this game?

• Guys,

Not exactly one of life's great concerns, but.... there is this one assignment that you get in BF3 where you need something like 25 kills with claymores to complete the assignment. I've messed around trying to use claymores quite a bit and I must say that they seem to be almost totally useless. Not because I can't find strategic places to put them... I'm pretty clever at that I think.

But.... I've put them out numerous times and the enemy soldiers appear to be able to walk/run right past them and they never go off. Just last night I put two clays in the stairs of a building to get to it's roof. A guy walked right past both clays and made it to the roof unharmed. This scene has been repeated over and over.

Any of you guys used claymores and figured out a trick to get them to actually detonate when they should?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

• I know that I have pissed off 1,462 players with them. I also know that savvy players will watch for them, especially at the stairwell entrances on maps such as Seine Crossing and other "City" maps.

Crouching past them will get you by okay as well as sometimes a full out run will cause them to explode but with minimal damage to the enemy.

Also, if I am correct, because of the whining shitheads who reason that they shouldn't die by anything in the game, they were nerfed.

I do know that at one time they remained even after your demise but that has been "fixed".

As far as their placement, I am sure you can handle that. Putting them in tandem will sometimes get you two to three kills if a couple or three enemy squad mates are tearing up some stairs or around a corner in close company.

Good Luck
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

• Ive heard that frustration alot lately. arcAngel seem to have the same problem. I usually play the metro 99% of my game time. Last days Ive got killed from claymores when pushing up the back escalator when on the US team. As you know the game is quite intense and my deaths came when running up and reaching the B level/area. I might have got some injury already...I dont know.

Killing with clays at least seem to work at that certain place.

Theres might some thread bout this in the Battlelog forums, most likely there is.

Now time for my morning coffe and see the spectacular thunderstorm rain outside...sounds like heaven have open up :shock:

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

• Yeah... thats the thing with claymores. I seem to have no trouble finding one to die from but it has seemed damn near impossible to get mine to kill anybody.

I still don't have it working the way I think it should, but last night I did change my approach to clays a bit and I managed to get 2 kills (and plenty of misses). Here's what I'm thinking...

It seems there is some time delay from when the enemy moves in front of it to when it explodes. So... if the enemy is moving fast enough he can essentially turn a corner and run right past a claymore and the claymore will not even explode if he does it fast enough. I think my failure to understand/plan for that timing thing has been one of my biggest problems. The other thing is that it seems one claymore is not enough to kill an enemy that is at full health. Last night I managed to change the placement of my clays so that they couldn't run past them so fast and they exploded much more often. However, I was putting only 1 clay out in any particular spot/area. What was happening was a the clay would explode but the guy would live through it and either I or someone else would finish them with a gun so there was no clay-kill.

Only when I put two clays covering essentially the same spot/area did I finally manage to get a couple of kills with the things.

At any rate.... tonight is my last night of fragging essentialy until school starts back up for the kids in September. Family and I are off for our summer travels, getting oldest (Fly Jr.) settled in the dorms at university, etc.... I'll have a laptop and might still be a forum troll, but I don't envision any fragging until I get back (very late August). So... you guys have a chance to figure this out for me. :P :lol: :wink:
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

• Lulz! Happy vacation Fly-family. I have spent my days and back to work. 1 day...off for 6 :twisted:
    yes it will be some serious gaming time. Climbing that global board is my goal.

link to LB: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/le ... ldier/1/0/

Again, ENJOY the travels and stay safe. :D

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Return to -BF3-

Information