Spawning Logic in BF3

Mon May 07, 2012 5:57 pm

• From "Inside Dice":

Team Deathmatch Spawning 101
    Due to the stripped-down nature of Team Deathmatch, a player spawning system that effectively shuffles players about the map as they die and respawn becomes absolutely critical for a good gaming experience. This system includes both the spawn system game code as well as the individual spawn points and spawn zones the level designer places by hand. Rather than trying to alter the level layout, we knew we had to focus on these items in order to improve the experience.

The way the spawn system works in Battlefield 3, the whole map is divided into different spawn zones corresponding to areas of the level that a team will naturally fall into or attempt to defend. As combat progresses, the system tracks which team controls which zone and attempts to spawn players close to their team mates. A good level layout will naturally encourage teams to move constantly throughout the map, while the automated spawn system ensures that, whenever possible, as players die they respawn near their team mates. The idea is to have the teams fighting each other around focused frontlines that ebb and flow as the combat rages on.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Wed May 09, 2012 3:09 pm

• idea sounds good but worked a lot better in BC2 imo
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 pm

• The reason I posted this is because it answers the question of "Random" spawns.
    In Bad Company 2, the spawns were indeed random.
    In BF3 the spawns are in "Zones" which are determined by where your team is located within the map.

I still, however, find myself many times spawning between the enemy or within a very close distance to them and die as soon as I spawn. Which simply means that even with the spawn logic they coded into the game, there are still times when the spawn logic doesn't follow it's own parameters....
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Thu May 10, 2012 2:15 pm

• 100% agreed
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Return to -BF3-

Information