=OSS= Server - MUST READ IF YOU ARE WANTING TO ADMIN

• *VERY IMPORTANT*

It is the nature of the PROCON server program that if the Configuration settings on the server are initialized by a user through PROCON, if another user changes anything through his PROCON, the original user will not see it. If the original user should initialize PROCON again then the server will respond by reverting back to those settings..

This must not happen. I don't want the scenario to become such that the maps keep being removed, added, rounds changed, Ticket count changed etc etc.

So, with this in mind, I have no problems with anyone (the more the better) in OSS who wants to admin the server. But, in conversation with FlySwamper here is what is going to happen.

Fly and some of his WGO guys have always helped to seed any server we've had up. We have done likewise..
    Hence, in order to admin the =OSS= server, your PROCON must be layered through FlySwamper's PROCON. He is monitoring multiple servers and this one will be a part of that as well.

So rather than connecting to the =OSS= server directly from your PC, you will connect through the WGO PROCON that FlySwamper maintains.
    This way, any changes made to the server will be the same across the Admin spectrum because they will be made ONLY through the "master" Procon.

I would like to have the server at 24 players. Starting next month this will happen.
    This way, should we want to play RUSH and CONQUEST large maps, then we have a more adequate player count etc etc. to do so.
    But the main thing is, that anyone who wishes to make a game mode change etc,....needs to be layered through the Master Procon to keep everything on even keel.

So, please do not connect directly to the server with PROCON unless you just want to monitor the server without making changes. You can still kick/ban etc with a direct connect, but just not make changes unless you connect through the Master Procon.

FlySwamper must add you to his account lists in order to do this as well as provide you with sign-on info.
    So don't hesitate to do this if you want and this way we can keep the server running more stable and not have unexpected changes to occur.

Currently I show the following have an account under FlySwampers Master Procon:

56BLOOD
    TERMINATOR_SWE
    GhostofVienna
    toothpaste_D
    ExConman
    LieutBomber

Also, with this in place, the bans for hackers etc, will reflect through the entire range of servers, including the =OSS= server under the Master Procon.

I want to throw FlySwamper a huge THANKS for helping out.
    WGO is a friend of OSS and it's really appreciated.

Thanks guys and happy Gaming.
    Last edited by 56BLOOD on Mon May 07, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

• 24 man? Perfect.
    Fly just gave me that info so ill check it out soon.
    Blood if youd like pm me your address and Ill donate some cash for the server.
    =OSS*Bomber=

• Glad I could help a little bit. I'd like to throw in a few extra thoughts...

I'd really like to be as "hands off" as i can possibly be with configuring things related to your server. Understand there is some stuff that I may have to do because I'm hosting the ProCon that is monitoring it *almost* 24/7. But...

Blood and Bomber have the access/ability to setup new accounts and change your passwords. I'm not sure if they are familiar enough with ProCon yet to know how to do it, but they have access if you don't want to wait for me to add somebody or reset a password or something. Regarding passwords, be aware that I have the ability to see whatever password you use for ProCon. So, although I promise not to use it or anything, maybe you don't want to use the one that goes with with your online banking and such. But... other than me nobody will have access to whatever you use accessing this ProCon.

In order for in-game admin to work your username needs to be EXACTLY the same as your in-game soldier name. This allows you to issue kick, ban, fmove, etc... command just by typing them into the chat window without you ever needing to load-up ProCon.

Also.... I'll be here all this week, but for the last week of March (starting next saturday) I'll be sunning in the Bahamas with mama and the kiddos. Not sure that my copy of ProCon will be running during that time. I *might* leave it online, but I'll be at the beach and may not even have internet. I dunno....So... there will be a 1 week (next two weekends included) period where things may/may-not work.

Lastly, if you guys signup for an account at metabans.com and wish to use that to identify hackers, cheaters, or whoever you want to keep out of yoru server, let me know and we can setup the server so that it applies any bans that any of you make within Metabans. The nice bit about this is that you can essentially ban players based on their EA_GUID even if they aren't currently in your server. Just look them up (by name) on metabans site and make your assessment of them (ban, watch, or clean/nothing).

And finally, let me re-emphasize here... my hope is that you guys will take over essentially all the settings within ProCon for your server. I've set a few things up as default initially as a guess as to what you'd like. But there are plugins that can be added, activated, deactivated, reconfigured, etc.... All that stuff is for you guys to tweak as you wish. http://www.phogue.net is a good source for what plugins are available, what they do, etc... I'm happy to help with letting my copy of ProCon monitor the server and act as a central management place. It's easy because I was already doing it for our server and there is really no extra overhead/cost/issues.

Well... thats more than enough to think about for now I guess.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

• Hey BLOOD, Id like to have the Admin capabilities. I dont want to change anything as far as settings or maps, but being able to "keep an eye on it" would be nice as well as be on the lookout for d-bags. What do i need to do?
    Death comes swiftly from way up high,
    if your not careful, you'll surely die.

=OSS*Fatfish88=

• =OSS*Fatfish88= wrote:Hey BLOOD, Id like to have the Admin capabilities. I dont want to change anything as far as settings or maps, but being able to "keep an eye on it" would be nice as well as be on the lookout for d-bags. What do i need to do?

I added an account for Fatfish88 on the ProCon layer with a guess at some default access-level settings. With the account created, Blood or Bomber should be able to customize your access (i.e. grant you access to everything or deny it to whatever) and even change your password (at least I *think* they can) to access it.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

• Thanks Fly.

=OSS*Fatfish88=

• Thanks Fly....

if I am being a D-Bag will you kick me out now Fish?
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

• Never Blood....ill just admin kill you like I did Vanilla the other night... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

=OSS*Fatfish88=

• Now you have the power... :twisted:
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Return to -BF3-

Information