=OSS= BF3 Server - Up Once Again

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:54 am

• Ah yes yesterday the OSS server got fraged out by alot of players some where complaining about the fact that people sat on roofs where they couldn't come and said: ''CHEATER YOU CAN'T GET ON THAT ROOF BLA BLA BLA (and alot of Bad words :lol: )" but i had A great time
    =OSS*FREAK=

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 am

• our server rocks :D

really enjoyed it, i'll play again today (if my sister isn't downloading :evil: )
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:53 pm

• FYI...

I'm back in town and will be back to my normal baby-sitting mode with ProCon. Doesn't look like it went offline during the last week while I was away, but..... just letting you know that it should be available *almost* 24/7 again going forward....
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:48 pm

• the oss server needs 6 people to start know? is this forever?

ps: TERMI, tell baloba i didn't saw she was in there i had to do a couple of things (i don't want that she thinks i hate her or anything, she is awesome , just like you :D)
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:34 pm

• =OSS*KEFKE96= wrote:the oss server needs 6 people to start know? is this forever?

For some reason the server config keeps getting wacked.
    It should be 1 player start, no idle kick, 150 tickets, and HardCore TDM.

The ProCon Layer with Swampers connection seems to be down at the moment.
    Should have it up soon, then I can get the Config corrected.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:41 pm

• Just got access through ProCon. I guess the connection was screwed for a while.
    Everything is back as it was.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:37 pm

• ok, nice
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:44 pm

• =OSS*BLOOD= wrote:For some reason the server config keeps getting wacked.
    It should be 1 player start, no idle kick, 150 tickets, and HardCore TDM.

The ProCon Layer with Swampers connection seems to be down at the moment.
    Should have it up soon, then I can get the Config corrected.

yeah... my home internet went on the "fritz" for a few hours thursday afternoon. That must have been when you tried it.

Regarding the server settings, you can change nearly all the settings through ProCon for the server. However, *some* of those settings won't "stick" if/when the server gets rebooted/restarted. Here's an attempt at a guide...

IF the setting is a setting inside a ProCon *PLUGIN*
    - You will want to adjust the setting by connecting to my copy of ProCon and changing it there so it will "stick" even through server resets

IF the setting is a server-setting such as how many players to restart, maplist, etc...
    - You really need to edit the startup.txt file by logging into your gamehosting company's game-control-panel and add the settings there.
    - You *CAN* change variables like these (e.g. maplists, players to start, ticket counts, damage, etc...) using ProCon... they just won't stay through a server reboot.

Now... I mentioned things like maplists. There are some plugins that will dynamically manage maplists for you based on things like player count. If you are using these, then you will need to edit the plugin settings in my copy of ProCon and those changes will "stick" through server resets because a ProCon plugin is actively managing the maplist. If you are *NOT* running a plugin that manages the maplist, then you need to edit the startup.txt file at your hosting company. Hopefully that makes sense and helps a wee bit.

Also... I haven't read up too much on this lately, so I might be wrong. But... If you run into any trouble/weirdness with the server not starting when it should, I would consider setting the player-count-to-start = 2 adn the player-count-to-restart = 1 instead of your current 1 and 0 setting. If 1 and 0 are working then nevermind. I just think I remember trouble with earlier server versions if you didn't have at least 2 and 1 for those variables.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 pm

• Okay peeps, we need to have a clan and whomever joins Frag- fest this Saturday in the =OSS= server. so post up your best times to play and lets do this!
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 pm

• somewhere at 9-10 pm to start, european time, but that is to early there, so i i'll come when you guys come, but it would be nice, if it would be earlier then 3 am european time
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:29 pm

• Hopefully I'll find some time to play :(
    =OSS*JOKER=
    Clan Clown

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:19 am

• Saturday then!

Check the battlelog but not sure I can stay wake after 10pm. Its 4am my time.

"No stupid rules" have fun :D

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 am

• ofcourse you can stay up untill 4am TERMI xD drink some cofee ;)
    Count me IN i will be online whole Saturday Evening as long as i am Energic enougf o get some nice KD's
    :D See Ya On Tha Fields.

PS: it's nice to see someone take responsibility do arange this hard shitz with the timezones ...hate those
    =OSS*FREAK=

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:35 pm

• Will do my best to be around... I may have to work. Been an entire week of extra hours already, go figure.
    Ouchnie

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm

• Id enjoy 7pm Eastern Time and im sure you euros would be fine with that. Later is also fine by me.
    =OSS*Bomber=

PreviousNext

Return to -BF3-

Information