BF3 Patch: A rant, opportunity, and plea for help

• Flyswamper wrote:The server isn't going to be rebranded as an OSS server (unless you guys want to pay for it too....lol), it is simply a friendly offer to some folks that I have learned to respect and gained a bit of trust for. The idea is that if you were playing in the server and I (or another WGO guy) wasn't present you could kick/ban any obvious hackers to keep the game/server alive.

Anyway.... offer stands .... We aren't nearly as worried about seeding the server now (but always appreciate any help we can get)

Take care folks.... and just let me know (PM or whatever) if anybody wants a little access...

Just an FYI..... I'm pretty sure that Termi and Ghost both already know they are setup for in-game admin on the server. Earlier today I saw toothpaste on there (soldiername = toothpaste_D) and I setup the ability for him to have in-game admin as well. I don't think he knows this yet (which is really why I'm writing this post and updating this thread).

I appreciate the interest and help you guys have given to help get/keep the server populated. Much appreciated! I also appreciate the fact that you guys haven't abused the privilege by kicking obnoxious people and such and just let the server be what it is.... a no rules kinda place. With that said, if you guys are ever playing and there is an *obvious* hacker..... please exercise your privileges to kick or ban them. It should be as simple as issuing a command started with an exclamation point. To kick me it would go something like:

!kick Flyswamper hackerwannabe

or

!ban Flyswamper ShamelessSelfPromoter

heh.....

Again, the offer stands.... if any of you guys enjoy playing the Karkand expansion maps on a 32-slot server, I can set you up with ability to in-game ban/kick (and a few other things) to keep the bad guys out and the game from being ruined.

(All I ask is that you respect the fact that the server has no real rules and we don't kick/ban people for much of anything other than hacking.)
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

• aaaaa now i know how to get rid off all snipers :lol: :lol: :lol:
    nahh... to be serious if i figure out someone i will use the ability i have been given THX but most times i just do like Termi did today !"§$%&/+<%&$()"§ swearing as i can :mrgreen: makes me feel much better
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

• I personally don't need admin for any reasons which immediately come to mind.
    In all the servers I've been in of late, even though there are players who "seem" to be using a cheat, are probably not using one at all.
    And I only play on PB servers and have seen tons of players kicked for AimBot, WallHack, and some other reasons I didn't recognize by PunkBuster.

Simply to say, Someone would really have to get seriously ridiculous for me to have the notion they should be banned or kicked.
    I think sometimes the disrespect is worse than cheating in some cases.

Anyway, If I'm on that server, Swamper, I'll feel safer knowing there are plenty of admins around...
    :D
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

• =OSS*BLOOD= wrote:Simply to say, Someone would really have to get seriously ridiculous for me to have the notion they should be banned or kicked.
    I think sometimes the disrespect is worse than cheating in some cases.

And that statement right there is the very reason that I feel good about you guys having admin .....

I've only banned 2 people so far for hacking in all my playing time on our server. And they were the obvious kind.... (look up their stats and you'll see stuff like 70-90% of their kills with assault rifles and support LMGs are headshots)....

One good thing I noticed in the past couple of days is that I've seen an awful lot of ban messages being annouced from the pbbans hub (which we stream to also). That just tells me that Punkbuster has caught another wave of hackers and they are getting caught on other servers that are also streaming...and it's happening in bunches! Which is always good news!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

• I, did kick one douchebag in "Flyswamper-Server". Now its a few weeks ago. Was speaking to much BULLSHIT so...without warning ->ZZZIIIPP!!!
    Other players thankes me and all was good again. Hackers are worse to tell, I gotta admit that.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Previous

Return to -BF3-

Information