Battlefield 3 patch news

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 pm

• :/ I do tend to feel reading all the comments and watching the videos that the game is too realistic. You just cant be superman in the game. And as I said before id go bananas over a bc2 gamestyle with bf2 maps.
    Assault recons on frostbite 3.0 Jello...just the thought of it cheers me up!
    I mean if I can do this
    http://www.xfire.com/video/4fa12b/
    to 32 victims all in close quarter skirmishes id be completely diagnosed with happiness after that round.
    And then bulldog would end my fun with whatever shit he does to me.
    P.s. Maybe we should start a jello riot in the ea forums demanding bf3 jello. How bout it?
    =OSS*Bomber=

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:57 am

• The only thing they need to do is fix the bugs and the glitches and leave the weapons alone.

Even the Snipers going prone isn't a big deal as I thought it would be in this game.

I see they are weakening the IRNV to make it less effective at longer range.
    But then they also make the SpecOps camo less effective also.
    So what the hell are they attempting to do?
    All the weaken this and strengthen that shiz doesn't make sense to me.

It's like 'we'll double the damage a bullet will do but then we'll make the armor two times stronger'.

Still think we have half a million console gamers with their first transition to PC game in hand wondering why they get shot and killed to easily.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:59 am

• thx for a 3.9GB patch a month after release :x :shock:
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:37 pm

• 3.9GB... no shit.. Just downloaded it; total install on the game is now 15.4GB :shock: This game's gonna need its own hd before long.
    =OSS*OGT=

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:48 pm

• just read about new dogtags coming wiht back to karkand and i know which one was designed reserved for ROID
    One Man Army :twisted:
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 pm

• Well at least make the sniper rifles work like they do in bc2 normal mode. I cant believe in the videos at 20-30 feet they dont kill and a long range shot does only about half damage.
    They should increase the damage output of bolt actions by 25%
    =OSS*Bomber=

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:44 am

• Lotta things are getting annoying with this game.............

this health regenation is BS
    the suppression effect where you can't move is annoying as shit
    without the useable IR scopes, finding targets is like picking flyshit outta pepper sometimes
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:27 pm

• IR-still works as I see it, but it has a limited range. In maps like bazaar It most likely still is usable. Havent got time to try yet though. BF3 along with all other FPS games are annoying. Really takes my patience to it limits once and while. Try the KNIFE-only servers...Man!!!...so much fun but ....Sooo dysfuctional physics. It all feel totally random, to me. Look at the screen below...that guy owning Baloba_SWE...is my 12year daughter. She sits along me in the living room (gaming-cafe´, lol) and I dont understand shit how she do it. Im wired/shes not. I got the i7 960/shes got i7 920. I got GTX580/ shes got GTX275.

Conclusion: I suck!! Whatever FPS I will play theres always a Ace like my daughter, gonna spank me up. Leaving me wondering WTF!!! happend. Still I will always come back for more... :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Screen:
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:16 pm

• Kiowa (VanillaiIce) and me were playing last night after the Patch install.
    I messed around with the IRNV on a few maps.
    The real limitation seemed to be on the City maps. Where typically before the patch you could spot the little noob-tard
    heathens sitting in the windows very easily.
    Now the windows appear to be just fogged up when using the IRNV.

But, and this is the weirdness, on the country maps, Caspian and even on the Bazar map, the IRNV was a help.
    The SpecOps gear looks like someone who's been burned with black patches and some red mixed in with it.
    On a real world scale I would say the IRNV is really pointless beyond around 90 meters (approx 300 ft).
    At that distance, everything just tends to fade into a hazy mist.

I haven't had time to get a feel for what they've done to some of the other weapons.
    I wish they'd quit catering to the "mommy he shot me" crowd.
    But this shit happens EVERY game I've ever owned.
    At the least they could have NERFED shit in the Vanilla game mode and left the HardCore alone.
    If you don't like getting shot, then play checkers.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 pm

• Ha ha Termi...... I think I'm not too far away from experiencing the same thing you just did. I've got a 2nd computer (a *serious* gaming laptop) headed my way any day now and I'm gonna have to get me a 2nd copy of BF3 and frag along side my teenage boys (I've got 2 teen boys, and a girl that isn't quite a teen yet).

One thing I did want to ask was whether there are any "gotchas" (problems) with you logging into your account and playing on either computer? With Bad Company 2 me and my kids were able to swap computers easily and get whatever account we wanted/need. We just made sure to use the right email address for the EA account login at the start.

Is it the same for BF3? Meaning, Can you just login to Battlelog and Origin on either computer with your account and it works (assuming you only login to one at a time of course)?

Or are you *ALWAYS* logging into the same computer with the same account and just using different account depending on the computer?

Just wondering since I am gonna be buying another copy of the game soon.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:41 am

• Hey Fly :D ! Well I dont touch her PC. I play on my with a Limited Edition BF3 copy. Bought her an own copy of the game. Playing/logging in with different accounts = different emails should work. I dont going to try that...and the reason to that is I dont want to mess things up. I know it works now and settle with that. Not sure I answered the questions :roll:
    Oh...I forgot my son also plays this game occasionally. Yet another copy and his own email. We all play through the same router though.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:00 am

• Termi...

So if I understand correctly then, you've got 3 copies running on 3 different computers, using 3 different email addresses. But you've never tried using a different account on any of the computers...

Is that correct?

I don't want to cause you any headaches/trouble, but I would be kinda curious what happens if you login to one of the computers with an origin and battlelog account that hasn't been used on that computer before. Does it recognize the game is already installed and will let you play without double installing the game? That is how Bad Company 2 worked and it made it easy to switch accounts using the same computer.

No worries if you don't feel comfortable testing that out. But.... if you do, I'd appreciate knowing if it worked easily or not.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 pm

• This is from the EA Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Instructions:

"If you've already purchased a title and would like to install it on another PC, first download and install ORIGIN on the other PC, then launch the application and log in with your ORIGIN account. Select the appropriate title from the list that appears and click the start button to download the game."

Okay that covers installing the game on multiple PC's.
    I think each account MUSt have it's own email address. Meaning, unlike BC2 that you cannot just go into the startup screen or wherever and put in a new name and start playing with that name from scratch. You can change your name in ORIGIN but only per your account. So you can't start from zero and rank up again under the same Email or account.

My son was in town not long after BC2 released and I was at around rank 15 or so. He wanted to get a feel for how the game played without any unlocks and the primary startup weapons. So he just got into the startup screen and put in a name, selected it and played the game anew. I don't think you can do that with BF3.

This is the way I interpret the deal, please tell me if I'm wrong. :oops:
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to -BF3-

Information