Bloodrave.com 24/7 Rush/TDM 8v8 Rush Server

• I decided to make this post for updates on the server. If you wish to make suggestions on what we should do with the server, post here and Desmo and I will try to make everything work.

Updates:
    The R6 update has been released.
    Please feel free to update your servers. The patch includes an end of round crash fix which may increase server stability.

Some of the more important changes include:

- End of round crash fix
    - Connection fix to avoid players occasionally being rejected during a join attempt
    - Ghost server fix
    - Enhanced kick reasons to better match situations for which they are issued

R7 Patch has been added to the server to allow In-game admin to work, if you play on the server and wish to become admin, please send me a PM. I will send you all the info you will need.

Change of maplist:
    We had to change the Squad rush to just plain Rush due to the 4v4 gameplay which left 8 people unable to play and join the server, till TDM was up.

Currently Working on:
    Making the current Rush maps INF only. Therefore they still have vehicles.
    =OSS*TROOP3R=
    Clan Young Gun

• So you guys will be the only ones admin'ing it? o.O
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

• Nope. Once we get the bugs worked out, we will have more of you guys as admins. Hopefully, this will enable someone to be on 24/7 with admin privileges to keep the server running smoothly. The main thing right now is trying to keep all OSS members on the same team or trying to keep the teams even when a lot of us are not on.

So standby as we work out the kinks.

Also we will be heavily promoting the website to hopefully get some new players to join the forums and our little community here.
    We will also push to adopt Mumble as our primary VOIP program as it is much lower latency for voice comms which is crucial for SQ RUSH. And really any FPS gaming in my opinion.

Download Mumble: http://www.mumble.com/

Why did we change from Ventrilo to Mumble?
    Answer: Lower latency and better sound quality. Check it out -> http://youtu.be/hv5Pmab4K6E?hd=1

IP: mbl23.gameservers.com
    port: 10003
    password: bloodrave

(sticky please?)
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

• First: I like mumble and wouldnt mind moving to it
    Second: We should choose our official server as a whole
    What should we do guys?
    =OSS*Bomber=

• my suggestion would be to wait about one more week till everyone tried it and then decide via poll
    btw gonna send my monthly bucks on saturday
    Edit: i have sent it now in case i forget cuz of hangin around too much in the fields :lol:
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

• I have tried mumble, dont really care for it, and to my knowledge is more widely used outside of the US.

I personally have preferences for TeamSpeak, as it is one of the most widely used and to me, easiest to learn and setup.

After Teamspeak comes vent, but I have been having plenty of problems with vent so I am not a huge fan.

One final thing, if you do switch to mumble, imagine inviting others to join you, my guess is there are plenty of people out there like me, that just dont use it and would have to download it, even though they have perfectly good other VoiP's sitting on their machine like TS and Vent. Just my thoughts
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

• TS would be a server of my choice since its easier for newbies to setup. But I cant increase my mic volume as I mumble/whisper a lot so I have to ask my fellow gaming buddies to turn me up. But enough about me...we should get TS.

P.s. Feel free to start a new topic in the corps if this is getting too threadjacked
    =OSS*Bomber=

• Personally, I don't want to go back to the horrible sound quality of Teamspeak and high latency problems with Ventrilo. A thread has been created in the Corps section of the forums to further discuss it as needed.

Now, on to the server. Trooper and I would like to thank everyone who has joined us in it so far. In less than a week. We have moved up from the zero percentile to the 36th percentile for BF3 servers which isn't too bad for a small 16-player server. We would like to ask here for your input on maps and map rotation.

As it stands it is set to Inf-only Rush with TDM maps thrown in as a breather. Most of you who played a couple of nights ago understand just how intense and fun the Squad Rush mode can be. I think everyone really enjoyed it and having everyone with voice comms was great.

There were reports that a 16-player server no longer supported the smaller Squad Rush mode so it was decided to try the Rush game mode without vehicles. However, I still see quite a few Squad Rush servers still with player counts higher than the 4v4-only supposedly supported. We will look into going back to the smaller faster Squad Rush maps if this is the case.
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

• **UPDATE**

Due to Squad Rush only supporting 4v4 and the normal Rush maps being too big for 8v8 inf-only...we think we have found a solution.

Starting soon, the server will move up to 24 players for some 12v12 action! We hope this proves to be the best number of players for Inf-only Rush and TDM. If it still proves too few for normal Rush maps, then 32 players will be the next logical step. However, I feel anything over 32 is too spammy for TDM. Hopefully, 24 will be a happy medium.

And as always, thank you to everyone who has played in the server so far. We have quickly moved up to the 45th percentile according to GameTracker. Not bad for a little 16-player server. A big thank you to everyone!
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

• Mumble = My avatar... I can switch it to TS if you guys want... Latency isn't an issue as I lowered the codec.
    TS3: notellcartel.typefrag.com pass: frag

=OSS*Xconman=

• There's no substitution for good comm in the game. This is the reason a small squad of OSS will whip the shitz out of other groups on servers who are just running around with no mission in mind.
    Like last nights foray with XConman in several Conquest servers...no one does the mission, they are just running for something to drive, shoot and take dumps in the forests or around the rocks where people like me and others who avoid Dog Poop with a passion will eventually step in it and then it's on your shoes and you KNOW how that feels when you walk, like with the clod of crap imbedded in your shoes and one is higher than the other cause of the clod of crap and you have on those shoes with MONSTER treads and so the stuff packs itself in there where no knife blade or garden hose can dig or flush it out.

So anyway, we need to use something that everyone agrees upon.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

• Can we get away from the crapping in the face and on the shoes so I can stop LMAO
    Mumble is cheaper but never used it before I'll try it tonight
    =OSS*RoofRunner=

• The server continues to do well. It is now in the 56th percentile among BF3 servers. It has moved up over 2,000 places in 6 days. Thank you to all of you that have spent some time in there. To those of you that haven't yet, check it out and give any feedback here.

With that said, the move to 12v12 is still scheduled for in the near future. It will bump up the price to about $35/month for the game server and Mumble. The Mumble integration has gone well so far with a handful of public players taking the time to download it and hop in for some old school OSS teamwork. :)
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

• ** UPDATE **

The server is now 12v12. I have thrown in some Conquest maps as well to see how they play out with 24 players.

The current set-up is Rush map (2 rounds), Rush map (2 rounds), Conquest small (1 round), and TDM (1 round). Repeat. All inf-only.
    The only thing I have found is that the Rush maps can play a bit long depending if the team on Defense is any good. Rounds can easily take over 30 min. to finish. Not sure if that is a problem though for a majority of players. (With me being used to 90 min. PR rounds).

Oh, and I included our tag OSS in the server name so people know who the server is ran by. So, for when I can get some more of you guys in-game admin, there will hopefully be an admin on for most of the time.

Again, any feedback is appreciated.
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

• sounds good :D

if i play bf3 i always go to our server ( unless it is full or the opposite: 0 players), and i really like our server
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Next

Return to -BF3-

Information