BF3-PROBLEMS

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:49 am

• Checked that out...dang..thats bang for the buck. Glad U made it witty :D
    Never even heard bout it before. So much hardware in market..oh boy!

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 pm

• Playing MW3 now. Let me know if this crap ever gets fixed.
    ImageImage
    The red plug is for your microphone!!
    =OSS*DOC92
    Clan Medical Officer

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:27 pm

• =OSS*DOC92 wrote:Playing MW3 now. Let me know if this crap ever gets fixed.

traitor
    =OSS*Bomber=

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:30 pm

• =OSS*DOC92 wrote:Playing MW3 now. Let me know if this crap ever gets fixed.

I am still absolutely and totally, completely and endlessly shocked that you are still having issues with BF3. Just doesn't make sense to me... :?

Doc, how in the hell can this game single out any certain PC and not work?
    I am sure you've looked at every angle on this thing?!

Did you ever attempt the port forwarding deal?
    What about your firewall (if one is present)?

Just for shitz, is there any other pC you could install this on and see what happens? A Friends? A neighbors? Family member's PC? ANY OTHER PC?
    It wouldn't have to be "up to game specs" to a tee, just a machine which would at least allow you to get to the server browser and attempt a "join" to see what happens.
    It would even be interesting to know if you attempted this "outside" of your own home internet connection.

Or maybe before you try that, load up your PC in your pickup truck and scoot down to a friends and hook up from his ISP or connection and see what happens...IDK man, it's really weird, but I'd give anything a try.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:36 pm

• ...21 days scince Release i couldn't play for one SHIT second
    =OSS*FREAK=

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:28 pm

• When nothing works I reformat my harddrive
    =OSS*Bomber=

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:44 pm

• Not everyone has a whole lot of nothingness on their hard drive Bomber :p
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:22 pm

• Doc, Bloods idea of trucking your pc over to a buds to attempt connection (to a pb running) server sounds solid man.... Ive had weird fucking problems in the past..... this will rule out a big chunk of troubleshooting....
    =OSS*JOKER=
    Clan Clown

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:43 pm

• =OSS*bulldog1986= wrote:Not everyone has a whole lot of nothingness on their hard drive Bomber :p

It gets stored in windows.old and I wouldnt mind reinstalling all 3rd party apps to make bf3 work.:p
    =OSS*Bomber=

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 pm

• =OSS*JOKER= wrote:Doc, Bloods idea of trucking your pc over to a buds to attempt connection (to a pb running) server sounds solid man.... Ive had weird fucking problems in the past..... this will rule out a big chunk of troubleshooting....

Assuming your computer is connected to your ISP through a router that you own, you might try using a new/different router. If you can borrow/snag/buy a different-new router it is probably easier than lugging your desktop system across town. Not sure the odds are high that it would be fixed, but....if you have a source for a different one it pretty easy to test.

Also, in the router world...... I've read reports that some people got better results with the game if they disabled the uPnP capabilities in the router. I think this stuff was more related to multiple people trying to play the game behind the same router (like in a shared college dorm/apartment) but..... just thought I'd throw those out there since your problem seems to be a connectivity type of issue...might be worth messing with router a wee bit.

Some people try the port forwarding but (to me) that doesn't make any sense that it would help. A modern router should not need port forwarding to make the game work. The only time you need port forwarding is if your machine is needing to act as some sort of server that can be located by other computers on the big-bad-web. Although plenty of data is exchanged when the game is running, your router knows where the data is coming/going and it *should* be up to the task of handling the ports just fine.

Other idea is hookup your computer directly to your cable-modem / dsl-box for a test run. Wouldn't want to leave it there as it's exposed to all the zombies floating around the internet, but.... for a short test it might be interesting (and is usually easy to do).
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:10 pm

• At first, because Doc could get into Non-PunkBuster servers, it seemed entirely PB related.
    This is what led me to think that maybe there is a port issue, because on a PB server there may be a particular port which is being blocked by the NAT of the router that PB needs. Whereas on the Non PB servers this port isn't being "looked for".
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:21 pm

• Like Swamp said, bypassing the router may be good enough to get it fired up...(given thats the issue)
    =OSS*JOKER=
    Clan Clown

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:11 pm

• Doc - Again, not to imply that you haven't looked at all the angles, but I was just wondering if you have set the Punkbuster "Tab" in the game options menu to "YES"?
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:19 pm

• It had to happen that i also have troubles...
    just wantedt to start and the game manager says UPDATE AVAILABLE....
    I look for it and he tells me to buy the game on orirgin online store cuz the button CONTINUE if u alreday have installed the game wont work
    im reinstalling now and see what happens
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

PreviousNext

Return to -BF3-

Information