BF3-PROBLEMS

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:17 pm

• Game decided to let me join a Pb server tonight. Lasted about a minute before the game froze solid. Now back to the same bag of crap.
    ImageImage
    The red plug is for your microphone!!
    =OSS*DOC92
    Clan Medical Officer

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:47 pm

• i am sorry to hear that DOC did try the cleanup ? if not go previous page and one of the last comments stands how i got it to work something with Cleanup maybe it will help
    =OSS*FREAK=

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:53 pm

• Reading through some of these issues and the various things which have been typed here as suggested solutions, I wonder..

I have 4 games on Steam which I typically play from time to time. The main one being Left 4 Dead 2.
    There are times when I start up Steam and then attempt to start up the L4D2 game and when the splash screen comes up I get booted back to my desktop with a little error concerning something about the game files not being verified.
    When this happens I have to get back into Steam where my games are listed, Right Click on the L4D2 game and then select an option called "Verify Game Cache Files".

Once this is done, a box pops up and the games files begin a verification process which usually takes around 15 to 20 minutes. At the conclusion of this verification process, I start the game and it works fine.

So...in regards to Battlefield 3, what does the "Repair" option do when you right click on the BF3 logo from within the ORIGIN Program? I was just wondering if it performs a similar function as the file verification option in Steam?

I don't know but I'd give it a try if you haven't done so... :?: :?
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:45 am

• what does the "Repair" option do when you right click on the BF3 logo from within the ORIGIN Program?

im not sure but i think it does a complete reinstall and patch the game afterwards
    i had to do this for the last 2 patches cuz i coulnt just install the patch. for some reason the damn game didnt let me do this via battlelog so my only way was the "Repair" option
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:16 pm

• ..................noooooooo not again
    got the game crashing multiple times today
    hope i can fix it or atleast find the problem

"sigh"
    =OSS*FREAK=

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:03 am

• doesn't mather anymore... FIXED
    =OSS*FREAK=

Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:16 pm

• the game decided to stop at the login procedure
    it worked today once after i started it with origin instead of directly from the battlelog now i tried it again but nothing happens
    anyone else has this?
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:56 am

• Nope! Only times it gives me some worries is when I have my computer not fully restarted in a long time. You see, I usually only put it in stanby mode to get fast access whenever I want.
    Sometimes a full restart solves the problems. (updates!)

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 am

• Ghost there was an update yesterday don't know you if you've seen it or not.
    =OSS*FREAK=

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:16 pm

• =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa= wrote:the game decided to stop at the login procedure
    it worked today once after i started it with origin instead of directly from the battlelog now i tried it again but nothing happens
    anyone else has this?

I got that with my laptop but not my desktop. I went into the Battlelog forums and found a post about it. The solution that worked for me was something along the lines of this...

- find where Origin.exe is stored on your computer ...somewhere like c:\program files x86\origin\

- Look in there and if you see a file named OriginTMP.exe, click on it to run it. It will disappear and *maybe* start Origin.

- Run origin normally after that and it was fixed.

What I was getting is that the browser was trying to launch the game (and Origin) but Origin wasn't launching. Once I tried to run that OriginTMP.exe file, it started working. Find that thread in the Battlelog PC section for more/better info....
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Previous

Return to -BF3-

Information