BF3 Tips

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:08 am

• Post up any helpful tips to help out your fellow newbies. We're all newbies (not noobs), post some tips so we all can be our old killing machine selves again soon. :twisted: :D

I will edit this post with some really good tips as they come in.

- You will bail a vehicle where your gun is facing. So if you're in a tank, and point your turret toward the back, then exit the vehicle, you magically appear behind the vehicle. This is great for people in the 2nd seat of a tank so they can safely bail the tank and repair without getting shot.

- The recon unlock TUGS points out where enemy infantry is around it. However, it only works on the same level as deployed. So if you set it on the first floor of a building, any hostiles above you won't appear on it.

- You can "LEAVE SQUAD" and then select another squad, and there's a tiny little button at the bottom that says "JOIN". If that squad is empty, you have to wait for another person to select that squad and click "JOIN", otherwise you're just waiting to join that squad. Simply put, you can't join a squad by yourself.
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 pm

• Tip: If you are flying, you must wait to to hear the tone of when a AA Missile is coming toward you, if you do it before... your an easy targets which the flares do nothing(Unless the missile is coming your way).
    =OSS*TROOP3R=
    Clan Young Gun

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:31 am

• that are some good tips i wil use when i have the game :)
    darkfalco775

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:40 am

• :D Tried the newly achieved MORTAR last night.
    Instruction:

1. put it on the ground

2. set your map into the size you prefer/like with KB-key, N

3. make ure squadmates/teammates "spot" (Q) enemy troops and enemy-vehicles

4. aim your mortar at spotted targets and have in mind (imagine) where they are going to be when ure mortar grenade reaches the spot you aimed at. (things are moving you know, xcept snipers) :lol:

5. Buildings falling down on street (crossing Seine map), also kills enemys.

6. When you found a nice spot to hide you can go on for ever. No ammo limit.

7. To enjoy it more :twisted: find a place where you can SEE all destruction and killing from.

I liked it alot. sitting there, having a beer and just see how the buildings and enemys just dying and falling apart.

AOD-BOT

1. put it on the ground. Now you hopefully put youre camp in some far away place, where Charlie never Ever, thought you could be.

2. use the RC-control, looks like a i-phone and carry away. that torch/repairtool its equipped with you can destroy enemys and their vehicles.

3. some are aware of it but still alot of people still think its a cute little toy approaching in the blur and dusty battlefield. :twisted: Now the very unpleasant surprice of putting that torch/flame straight up their ASS!! will give em a second thought :shock: :x of that R2D2.

4. Its SMALL! if youre in the wide open and lets say meet a tank or infantry etc, youre very vounerable to gunfire. Make sure to "Park" the little Devil and stay still for a while. Enemy most likely walk by without notice. :twisted: then you make youre move and...yes its a little nasty....buuut....its a hella lot of fun!!

Im a fan of gadgets, oh yes...

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:39 pm

• Step 1: Get game to function.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Make lots of money.
    ImageImage
    The red plug is for your microphone!!
    =OSS*DOC92
    Clan Medical Officer

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:22 am

• :lol: I loved that first impression, lmao.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 am

• If your crashing in between maps or unable to join/host COOP games, try deactivating your AntiVirus's Webshield. I was having issues with the game and after I switched off Avast! while playing COOP maps werent a problem and crashes in between loading screens diminished :wink:
    =OSS*Singsing=

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:32 am

• thanks singsing!

could only play co-op 2 times, just have to turn off avast :D
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:02 pm

• =OSS*KEFKE96= wrote:thanks singsing!

could only play co-op 2 times, just have to turn off avast :D

Had to do the same to get an invite last night from XConMan to play the Co-op.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:01 pm

• can someone tell me how i can use the unlocks for jets??
    i spent like hours to get this few points for IR-flares and whatever is next unlock but i cant use it/configure my joystick with it
    i cleared all other settings from mouse/keyboard and configured the joystick so it fitrs to me
    i have external sight, afterburner, enter/exit and main gun but i cant switch to the heatguided rocket nor i can use flares and especially without flares its useless to fly around
    i own a logiech extreme 3D pro and never had problens using it on BF2
    i just dont get it how to set it up like with the submenu on the different kits
    im a bit desperate cuz its so much fun being in a jet
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 pm

• it is x on default but no idea for joystick :(
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:49 pm

• For joysticks I have heard you gotta go through single player mode, clear out EVERY mapping for your joystick, remap every button one by one and then go play with it, just what someone told me they had to go through to get theirs to work. Try the keyboard though, once you get some practice in, its pretty nice.
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:08 am

• i cleared out all settings on all control devices and then set up the joystick
    i also tried to fly with mouse and keyboard which is ok for a helo but not in a jet (for me)
    i guess i will have to try and try and try.......if nothing works jets r gone for me
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:23 am

• Leave the mouse out of the entire equation, just use the keyboard, it works better and you arent splitting your hands between two hardware devices then.
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:07 am

• I reccon you already have CHOSEN those flares from Customize meny, like everything else. :roll:
    What Idont like is that you are limited in combining those unlocks as you want.
    Im not using any joystick. Im fully busy with my KB. :lol:

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Next

Return to -BF3-

Information