PC Upgrades and Pics

Discuss/recommend/tweak/brag about........... your hardware.
Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:11 am

• ...what specs on that new PC? Saw the pic of dual 780:s. Haswell?

Funny...I bought me a new battery to my scooter. Assembled it right away at the dealer and said:- it aint working...
    the guy from spare parts looked at it for a sec...said: -works better if U put the plus cable there :)
    I was sure I had already, felt little stupid! :oops:

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 am

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:00 pm

• =OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote:No Haswell for me. It didn't really impress to be honest.

And I so angry with myself for being a dummy and bumping a memory stick during my latest PSU install and not thinking to check it... :roll:

Haswell doesn't overclock very well and performance wise, it isn't any better than than Sandy/Ivy Bridge. But it's mobo's have nice features. I'm considering selling my Ivy setup for a Haswell setup, because of the feature-full motherboards. Like an Asus or AsRock that have onboard ac wireless. My Asus router is ac, but all of my wireless devices are N or draft-N.

When did you get the Corsair K90 Vengeance? Good for gaming, but annoying to type on?
    =OSS*repor
    The Rockin' Rocketeer

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:19 am

• It's not a bad keyboard. Works well for gaming and as far as typing goes, it just took some time to get used to. It sure feels solid. I hope TMO doesn't mess it up when they pack up and ship my household goods.

I wish I could change the blue backlight though (I have to check the software and/or see about modding the LEDs). I'm done with blue. I'm thinking of a green theme for my next true build.
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 am

• *CAUTION* Thread detour

=OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote: I hope TMO doesn't mess it up when they pack up and ship my household goods.
    TMO = doubled-edged sword. If you're not there to watch them do inventory, then they'll just steal it. Pack up what you don't need to take with and put in storage. If you pack something that you want them to transport, it won't go on the inventory unless they pack it themselves and will probably disappear.

*Back on Topic*
    =OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote:I wish I could change the blue backlight though (I have to check the software and/or see about modding the LEDs). I'm done with blue. I'm thinking of a green theme for my next true build.

Judging by the pic below the LEDs are a component of the of the switch. Seems it would be very hard to modify.
    =OSS*repor
    The Rockin' Rocketeer

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 pm

• =OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote:Do you recommend dismantling the core components of a PC before TMO packs it? I don't want anything broken and I already had a CPU heatsink clip busted when my stuff went from NC to TX.

I would leave the motherboard (wrapped in newspaper & cardboard) and PSU (disconnected &/or wires wrapped) in the case. Seal the case with helicopter-tape and then have them (movers) wrap the case in saran wrap/plastic wrap. Pull the CPU, cooler, GPUs and HDDs/SDDs and witness having those wrapped and packed into their own box. Since you unseated the memory, plugging in a new PSU :? , you might want to pull them as well. The movers are contracted and use day-laborers as employees (not sure who that would be in Hawaii,.........white dudes on meth?).
    =OSS*repor
    The Rockin' Rocketeer

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:04 pm

• =OSS*TERMINATOR= wrote:http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/3457663/2013-06-11

my new rig

Nice, Termi.
    I love my Samsung 840 series 250GB.
    =OSS*repor
    The Rockin' Rocketeer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 am

• :lol: white dudes on Meth, well hope it wont be like that...I hve the picture its hula hula girls with leis that very gentle move around packages in Honolulu :P

My order of a new rig is confirmed, hope it comes assembled as I ordered and no damage.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 am

• :D I gotta post some pics of my new baby. The mother...monster...MONSTER rig gives me a raise of 50fps in BF3!!!

Fraps!! (100-134fps)

All settings at Ultra, HBAO, 4AA, 1920*1080res.

Damn...techs gives advantage when it works. For the first time in my life I said: WOOOOW!!!!!!! when I gamed. instead of one kill and then die.......this system made me see better so it went 3/4/5 kills and then daead again. DANG!!

MSI GTX770 Lighning
    Sabertooth z87
    Intel 4770K 3,5GHz (autooverclocks in BF3 up to 3,9GHz) Temps from AI-suite like 41 degree C.
    Corsair 16Gb Dominator -platinum
    Samsung 840Pro-256Gb
    Corsair c70 Vengenance case
    Corsair AX860
    Corsair H110i CPU-cooler
    2 120mm Corsair AF-Low Noise fans + preinstalled 2*Corsair 120mm fans (will change to get same color scheme -white)
    Plextor DVD write/read

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 pm

• thanks term... now i feel poor :C :D anyways monster rig you have there :) have fun with it ;)
    =OSS*FREAK=

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:50 am

• wow
    gents i gotta say those r really killermachines u own.
    right now im thinking about an upgrade in autumn to be ready for BF4.
    will post up specs on weekend and then need some advices what would be best to upgrad. budget is low so it might be only a new or a 2nd vidcard.

EDIT

http://bloodrave.com/viewtopic.php?t=3582

PC specs r in thr first post. only difference it´s 8GB RAM

now my question.
    would it make sense to get another 5870 to go crossfire or get a new card?
    my budget is at the peak of max. 300€ (about 380$)
    what would u recommend me?

EDIT2: http://www.ditech.at/landingpage/537102 ... arten.html this is the vendor where i usually buy computer stuff.
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:16 pm

• Hello Buddy! Good to hear from you.

Budget 300euro gives alot of GPU, if you read bencmarks and pic the "correct" brand.

My latest 2013 GPU investments are as follow:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/5405142/asu ... ectcuii-oc on a Intel2600K system.

https://www.inet.se/produkt/5409855/msi ... -lightning on a Intel4770K-Haswell system.

http://www.inet.se/produkt/5409814/msi- ... n=prisjakt This one has not yet arrived. I will get this as a replace for the gtx560 on warranty.

REVIEWS:
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/ms ... iew,1.html
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/ms ... ew,26.html
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS ... II/33.html

The 660TI-oc handles the most games really well. Bf3 runs with no artefacts and 80+fps (Metro)
    The 770Lightning....you need no more. Tuned up gtx680! I play bf3 with this and its absolutely beast. +100fps in Metro
    MSI GeForce 650Ti 2048MB BOOST OC TwinFrozrIII, I havent tried yet but read some reviews and single on high settings runs the bf3 well on 60fps-70fps. Go sli on this and it is more than you need. pricetag¨300euro. Tempted to put this card on Sli to my old Intelx58 -920 system. think it might be the best bang for the buck, even comapared to the gtx660.
    Still, I dont even got this GPU, get back when I know how it perform.

Note: the linked Msi650Ti is 149euro - Sli makes it 298euro. Thats my pricetag. Austria, I havent checked...cheaper??
    I so go for the 660Ti and even sli.

with no limit on budget I´d Sli the MSI 770Lightning. It looks cool and parts are it made from are better then reference cards. At least the claim that. My card never goes over 50 degrees even after hours of gameplay in bf3. Persoanlly I cant think of a better buy, to this price. Of course theres the 780, but that is to add almost 200euro per GPU.

770 or 7970....depends on what you believe in. My guess its a draw. The AMD is very well priced.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware

Information