Map Choice

Discussion of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and related topics.
Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:00 pm

• Since I have been tallying the player's choices from the server a poll won't help that much. What are the top three maps for SDM you like to play? Order is not a big deal.

Map Choices:
    Heavy Metal
    Oasis
    White Pass
    Cold War
    Arica Harbor
    Harvest Day
    Isla Innocentes
    Laguna Presa
    Nelson Bay
    Panama Canal

Here's my choices: Isla Innocentes, Cold War, Heavy Metal
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:45 pm

• I'm not trying to disappoint or try to take the reins of server admin because people were talking so much shit about laguna that I removed it. Got 7 people to leave, luckily I promised them isla would be next and the ones that chat in the box were all happy.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:10 pm

• Get in asap bomber, the server was killed because of a spamming hacker... I need you to reconfigure the server, some stuff got messed up.
    TS3: notellcartel.typefrag.com pass: frag

=OSS*Xconman=

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:16 pm

• Oh god. I feel so bad right now because I watched it before my eyes. No one was calling him a hacker and he had a kd of around 2. :cry:
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:58 pm

• Oh darn guys....
    I like so many of the DM maps it's a really tough call.
    Cold War is just totally awesome...so...

Cold War
    Heavy Metal
    Oasis
    Nelson Bay <----- I know, I know, It's a night-time map, but it's one of the best designed maps in the previous pack I think...I like it a lot.

I like White Pass too, but for the "Winter" map, Cold War is the better of the two choices.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:26 pm

• The Heavy Metal, Cold War, Innocentes rotation right now is good. I like Nelson too, but that might kill the server. Need to keep popular maps going. Not sure what I'd vote on for the 4th right now... we need to consider it carefully.
    =OSS*OGT=

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:28 pm

• A ton of people hate cold war so i removed it and replaced with oasis.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 am

• Map Choices:
    Heavy Metal
    Oasis
    White Pass
    Cold War
    Arica Harbor
    Harvest Day
    Isla Innocentes
    Laguna Presa
    Nelson Bay
    Panama Canal

well my choice would be this :arrow:

Isla Innocentes
    Cold War
    Laguna Presa

4th dont know but never ever Arica it just has too many buildings and is a fkin great map for SDM
    Isla Innocentes is my favourite for SDM and will always be
    the new ones i havn`t palyed yet on SDM except Cold war so im not sure but it`s not my decision about the maps
    If just Isla is on board im happy :D
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:10 am

• I personally say put them all in.....besides Nelson lol (JK), you then appeal to everyone, arent repeating maps anywhere near as often, and can then put "Full Map Rotation" in the title of the server name, appealing to a ton of people like ourselves that love variety.

I cant tell you how much I begin to bore when servers stack up lets say the newest map pack and play it for over a month with just those 3 months, you start having people that miss those other maps and go in search of new servers to fulfill that need to play them
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:02 pm

• No nelson. No panama. I just dont like em much. ...but I play whatever will be in there.

Favourites:
    Heavy Metal
    Isla Inocentes

:)

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:17 pm

• Top 4 maps are
    Heavy Metal: 8
    Isla Innocentes: 8
    Cold War: 6
    Arica Harbor: 3

From playing SDM I believe it is safe to say that big maps or snow maps or sniper maps are server killers. Which in my mind include all the other maps that are not : cold war, isla Innocentes, and heavy metal.
    I have noticed that the map list changes almost every week. So I believe we should choose a somewhat permanent list.
    Fact: The map list of Cold War, Isla, and heavy metal has made the server to last the longest.
    Yes, I know a map list like that can get boring quickly but that's ok because there are still other players waiting to get in so we don't have to worry about killing the server if 6 people leave at once.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:13 am

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:Top 4 maps are
    Heavy Metal: 8
    Isla Innocentes: 8
    Cold War: 6
    Arica Harbor: 3

From playing SDM I believe it is safe to say that big maps or snow maps or sniper maps are server killers. Which in my mind include all the other maps that are not : cold war, isla Innocentes, and heavy metal.
    I have noticed that the map list changes almost every week. So I believe we should choose a somewhat permanent list.
    Fact: The map list of Cold War, Isla, and heavy metal has made the server to last the longest.
    Yes, I know a map list like that can get boring quickly but that's ok because there are still other players waiting to get in so we don't have to worry about killing the server if 6 people leave at once.

Would it not also be great to have a lot of repeat quality individuals to continually come back and play on our server? Hard to do that with just 3 maps....I am the one btw that is continuesly adding maps to the map list at the request of those said individuals, even I find myself getting bored with the same old maps over and over again, I mean I know I dont want a sniper fest, but there are still some pretty decent maps out there that offer more than just a snipers paradise, Harvest Day for one, Oasis for another, even Leguna Presa isnt ENTIRELY a sniper map, as it provides enough cover to work around or right up to the snipers to take them out, unlike a place like Arica
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:57 am

• Ok then... Personally I have no trouble with laguna, oasis, and harvest day but they are hard to start up a 0 if you start on those maps and through watching how the server does, it loses half of the players on those 3. Now I know you respect the ea rules but I have seen no sniper servers and Boy are they hard to get in.
    Unfortunately the no sniper rule has to be enforced 24/7 meaning someone has to keep the admin tool on all day. Or we could each open it when you have time. Bc2cc can do the job. If its no snipers more maps would be great!
    But how the rules are now I guess you could add a few more. You can choose.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:49 pm

• Any thought of dumping Oasis? The server can be full and as soon as this map hits almost everyone leaves. I think Nelson Bay would be a good replacement.... :twisted:
    =OSS*JOKER=
    Clan Clown

Return to BF BC2

Information