Our new BFBC2 Server!

Discussion of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and related topics.
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 pm

• Ok, I read the posts. Yes I made an attempt again today, It werent any difficulties to set it up.
    ...BUT!.....it was back on default again when I joined in after some rounds in another server.
    :evil:

its a mystery...

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 am

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:So I've been looking for server hosts because Gameservers suck for the price and lag they offer.
    Let's fire up with
    Lowpinggameservers.com
    I read that they have great customer service, low ping, and cheap cost. For a bc2 SDM it would only be $15.20 for .95 a slot. When that becomes popular we can go ahead and get a 32 man rush server for $30.40 a month.
    Now I know some of you hate rush but there are twice as many rush servers than SDM servers and twice as many players in a rush server meaning there are 4 times more players looking for a rush server.

The lower half of my post is not so important. I do believe we should switch server hosts to lowpinggameservers

I *MAY* play conquest, but rush just isnt my thing, as far as moving servers, wait for XCON, he is the only one who can cancel the current one
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:53 am

• Well its all about you. I like conquest better than rush but the only problem is the baserape. That's why rush servers are easier to keep alive. Come on bulldog I'm sure you will like with a little practice. Just don't run in like you are superman all the time.

But you know, running a server is turning into a chore. It's hard to get servers up because they need at least 2 idlers to get it up. One won't cut it. So please idle up when u can. But back to my first sentence. Yah its fun to know you have a server to call your own but I miss terrorizing other servers and being able to squad up without worry of killing the server because its not ours! Luckily in 32 man server we can all squad up but that's off topic. What I'm trying to say is its not a bad idea to forget this server thing.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 am

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:It's hard to get servers up because they need at least 2 idlers to get it up.

I have a question for any of you guys that may be camping/idling in your server. Have you begun experiencing getting kicked by Punkbuster for "losing key packets" in the last week or so?

Reason I ask is that, as you know, my gang has hosted a couple of servers for the last several years (BF2 moving into BC2). Over that time period I've pretty much had 1 or 2 of my home computers idling/camping our servers nearly all the time that I'm not playing. =WGO=Sev has done the same sort of thing. It is how we manage to get our servers populated and *sometimes* move them up into the server rankings.

Anyway.... over the past week both Sev and I have been getting our campers kicked from these Punkbuster messages "losing key packets." I'm just wondering if others that might be camping are having the same issue. If you are, I/we would love to hear about it if you find a solution. Similarly, if I know who you are and I find a solution I'd be happy to share info on whatever worked for us...
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 am

• I used to have that problem. That's why everytime I download a new game I run updates through pbsetup. Go to the punkbuster website support section to download it. Pbsetup adds in missing components so you won't ever have to worry about that again.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:40 am

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:I used to have that problem. That's why everytime I download a new game I run updates through pbsetup. Go to the punkbuster website support section to download it. Pbsetup adds in missing components so you won't ever have to worry about that again.

Yeah...I should have mentioned the following...

I ran pbsetup.exe....nothing changed, still have problems so...
    I download pbsvc.exe and reinstall punkbuster services, nothing changed, still have problems so....
    I post in our WGO forums and here to see if others have same sort of thing...

If I wasn't camping I would never have noticed this as it has only happened once while I was actively playing. But.... it kicks me off the servers nearly everytime I try to camp/idle over the past week or so.... Wondering if anybody else has similar issue.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:55 pm

• :? hmm, havent checked the server for a while now. Does it kick players out, still?

We could get some game / fight night with a tank also. What do U think.
    To keep the OSS in the server world. Until this can be sorted out.
    At moment I cant rent a server, but IT will most likely be possible in future. I was thinking of that in the commercial break, now back to the comedy show, :idea: :D

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:57 pm

• It's best that we just get a new server host. A gameservers server would have terrible lag in a 32 man server.
    One more thing bulldog a conquest server would not do. When one team dominates the server will just die. Rush is different because its hard to baserape and there isn't many tickets.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:00 pm

• Sounds like we will stick with sqdm until further notice... We all need to agree on something, but once the billing cycle ends, January 16th (I think), then I'll switch us over to another host that bomber directed me to. Now we just need to come up with 16.00 a month to pay our bills. Let me know!
    TS3: notellcartel.typefrag.com pass: frag

=OSS*Xconman=

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 pm

• =OSS*Xconman= wrote:Sounds like we will stick with sqdm until further notice... We all need to agree on something, but once the billing cycle ends, January 16th (I think), then I'll switch us over to another host that bomber directed me to. Now we just need to come up with 16.00 a month to pay our bills. Let me know!

....it ends January 16th?......look at the date on your post.....its the 28th o.O
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:39 pm

• Feb 16th., my mistake
    TS3: notellcartel.typefrag.com pass: frag

=OSS*Xconman=

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:10 am

• whatever we decide for it has to be HC
    Rush `d be nice have one server on my fav list that runs all maps, what i think is just great and 2 rounds/map to give both teams the chance to attack

Conquest hmm... actually i hang around a lot on the Heavy Metal HC [N88] they set it up to 1k tickets so a round lasts for a bout an hour but its really fun

to sum it up i`d prefer one of those but if it`ll be a SDM again it`s also ok for me

or maybe a mixed mode 10 conquest 10 rush whatever just an idea :wink:
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:58 pm

• Yah, next time I'm on bc2 I will look at the Conquest vs. Rush popularity.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 pm

• Bulldog wins. I talked with ufear Odessa an experienced server admin and he said to go with conquest. Inf only conquest is rare so it should be very popular.
    So far I've thought of for the maps to be
    Atacama Desert
    Oasis
    Laguna Alta
    Laguna Presa(possibly)

I will start playing conquest to find some more maps to play. Arica and panama is not good since many people disconnect after a round of that.
    Baserape is no worry because Odessa will teach me about the black zone add-on for procon. I will show you guys it too.

Remember, especially bulldog, too many maps will kill a server. Odessa said 4 should be the max preferably 3. Also a successful server pleases the guests, not the hosts.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:23 pm

• I play conquest 80% of the time, and Atacama seems to be the most popular. Well, there are a good amount of 24/7 Atacama only servers that are occupied well into the night. Might me lame with inf only though...that's a lot of running.

Arica and Panama are my favorites. I haven't really experienced people bailing on Arica. In fact, it seems pretty popular to me. I think Panama is the best map in the game for conquest, but I'm a minority on that. It can be difficult to find a good game going on that map on a regular basis.
    =OSS*Crimson Ghost=

PreviousNext

Return to BF BC2

Information