Our new BFBC2 Server!

Discussion of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and related topics.
Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:11 am

• Now we are in the top 1600 servers in the world. 73rd percentile
    TS3: notellcartel.typefrag.com pass: frag

=OSS*Xconman=

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 pm

• rush would be nice of course but can we afford it?

my suggestions:

wait 2 or 3 months and see how much bucks come in regularly then decide.
    or wait till BF3
    or....whatever the majority says

:wink:
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:23 pm

• Yeah, we will see what is going to go on with the funds.
    TS3: notellcartel.typefrag.com pass: frag

=OSS*Xconman=

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm

• With the Map Rotation of Isla, Heavy Metal, and Cold War. Here is our outcome. GET SET FOR HACKERS! GET YOUR ADMIN TOOL SETUP!
    "I look up to the sky and now the world is mine
    I've known it all my life. I made it. I made it..."
    =OSS*Bomber=

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:45 pm

• Had the bcc up running all day. Havent seen any obvious hacks or so, only happy people playing and whining as usual. Populated most times also...actually hard to get a spot in there today..after work!! :shock: :D

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:02 am

• Oops I entered the server and now it dropped from 16 to 8. I knew this would happen.
    PLEASE GOD SAVE THE SERVER!
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:10 am

• Each time I have been in the server of late, it's reset back to Tank, 50 Kill Limit, etc...

1. Can we contact the server provider and ask them how we might go about preventing this "resetting" of the server parameters? And if they cannot help can we switch providers?

2. XConMan or Bomber - Could you PM me the server IP and Password so that I may exercise Admin?
    The Team Killing assholes were dominant in the server last night and they emptied out the server. I was powerless to do anything and players were continuosly asking me to ban the guys... :cry:
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:43 am

• I was waiting til after 10 , but it showed up empty . From bed I saw U and another guy had connected. then dissapeared again. I was to tired to get up and say hello.

However, earlier I played with some guys and everything was OK xcept from that tank thing and also some not recognisable change. All by a sudden the server shut down and kicked all players.

Also the Idle settings kick U from server after a while.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:57 pm

• Yep Termi, it's because it has been set back to "Default" settings.
    Tank, 50 kills, 5 minute idle timeout, etc etc...

That is why you saw me enter and then leave after a few minutes.
    One player logged in but no one else and then I left to play some Vietnam.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:13 pm

• I don't think gameservers.com would do this. It is most likely the hacker xcon and I encountered a few weeks ago. He still has all the login info. Damn how come no other servers have to face this problem. I shall change the immediately.

P.s.Blood your admin information is in the pm.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:52 am

• As we were discussing on Vent this evening, I couldn't ever get signed in with Pro-Con.
    However the Bad Company 2 Control Center Program worked just fine.

After a couple of attempts I was able to get the settings back to our preferred condition (no Tank, Harcore, 10 Second Sign in Wait and 5 second re-spawn) with the exception of the 100 kill setting.
    I couldn't see where this value could be set with the Control Center program. (?)

But, even when I was in the server and without being in the server, the thing would restart and revert back to the "default" settings. If I was in the server at the time this occurred, it would boot me out.
    This happened to Termi and myself when we were both in the server playing at one point with 4 other players on opposing teams.

I cannot (at least it is difficult to believe) that any one person would be sitting idly by his PC waiting to screw around with someone's server config throughout the days and nights this has been going on.

I tried it once with just leaving the tank active in the settings and the same thing happened.
    Is there any way that the GameServers company could relay some info to us or possibly investigate from their end to get some type of IP Address of a person if a person is committing this attack or breach?
    I don't know. Well actually I do know. They can do anything they are willing to do. But the question is would they? I am sure if so, they wouldn't share this with us. But maybe we do need to change servers or whatever.....
    It's ridiculous that we have to sit by without having our server the way we want it to be.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:23 am

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:08 am

• RSame thing with the pass. It got reverted back to the old one that starts with the letter "f". Xcon get back here!
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:30 pm

• So I've been looking for server hosts because Gameservers suck for the price and lag they offer.
    Let's fire up with
    Lowpinggameservers.com
    I read that they have great customer service, low ping, and cheap cost. For a bc2 SDM it would only be $15.20 for .95 a slot. When that becomes popular we can go ahead and get a 32 man rush server for $30.40 a month.
    Now I know some of you hate rush but there are twice as many rush servers than SDM servers and twice as many players in a rush server meaning there are 4 times more players looking for a rush server.

The lower half of my post is not so important. I do believe we should switch server hosts to lowpinggameservers
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:17 pm

• I am in agreement with you Bomber.
    Let's allow some time for Ed to get back home and since the server is registered to him, he should get on the phone with Gameservers admins and attempt some resolution of the issue.
    Then he can post his thoughts here on a suggested solution.
    And whether that is Gameservers getting things sorted out or moving to another Game Hosting service we'll be more informed.

Thanks for helping out as you have been with the server and it's issues.
    I think Termi and I have both decided it's futile to continue re-setting things.
    Apparently bulldog has gotten frustrated with his attempts as well... :cry:
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

PreviousNext

Return to BF BC2

Information