Our new BFBC2 Server!

Discussion of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and related topics.
Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:36 pm

• Atacama isnt that big. Sounds fun to me!
    =OSS*Bomber=

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:43 pm

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:Bulldog wins. I talked with ufear Odessa an experienced server admin and he said to go with conquest. Inf only conquest is rare so it should be very popular.
    So far I've thought of for the maps to be
    Atacama Desert
    Oasis
    Laguna Alta
    Laguna Presa(possibly)

I will start playing conquest to find some more maps to play. Arica and panama is not good since many people disconnect after a round of that.
    Baserape is no worry because Odessa will teach me about the black zone add-on for procon. I will show you guys it too.

Remember, especially bulldog, too many maps will kill a server. Odessa said 4 should be the max preferably 3. Also a successful server pleases the guests, not the hosts.

You set the tickets high enough and 3 will work, set them too low and you need more maps, its all about how long its lasts, you go through too many rounds too often and people get sick of the maps, you sit on a map for a good long while, you feel like your working towards something and are more inclined to stay
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 am

• Agreed with the Conquest Inf only. Reminds me o the good ole BF2 days, that'll be nice.
    Dred Nawt

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:22 am

• HI DRED NAWT! :D
    =OSS*Bomber=

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:55 pm

• The server is at its best now. It only dies from server crashes. Should we keep it? All we need is for xcon to change the server pass through gameservers.com.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:38 pm

• Unsolicited comments from a "friend" that has run servers for a while now...

*IF* you go infantry-only conquest mode (which I like by the way)...

- Thumbs up to Oasis! Great map for it!

- Laguna Alta is great. But it's weakness is the super-narrow area out of the uncaps. A better recipe for baserape could not be thought up..

- Thumbs up to Laguna Presa. Only downside is it *can* promote too many bush wookies that don't want to take the flags. But.... normally I've had great rounds with it in conquest mode.

- I'd leave Atacama out of any conquest INFANTRY-ONLY rotation. The successful Atacama serves I've seen are all heavy on the vehicles. That is where you go if you want to drive tanks, fly choppers, shoot lots of rockets, etc.... not infantry only I think (but admittedly...I haven't tried it because my preconcieved idea is that it would be terrible in that mode)

Other thoughts for server owners/admins.....

BC2 has memory leaks. As a result, the server box (not just the game executable) needs to be rebooted/restarted every now and then. If not, the lag can get bad. More populated/successful servers will need to be restarted/rebooted more often...

Having the ProCon plugins prevent/guard-against baserape isn't altogether a bad idea (although we don't use it). But.... be careful....if the settings aren't done right on those tools it can setup the server for much abuse (i.e. you gotta avoid "protecting" players in the spawn/uncap area but still letting them kill people from there.... that just isn't cool...and I've seen plenty of servers with these things running where I (or others) are punished for killing somebody that was shooting at me (not cool.... and a reason I'll leave a server pretty quickly).
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:59 am

• Today the lowest it has dropped was 14/16. I think we should keep it. Can anyone contact xcon(email or phone) to come to the forums and read these posts to see what he thinks?
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:51 pm

• Yeah the server is finally a full population throughout the day! I skimmed through the posts. Maybe if we work together a bit, we can have two servers. One HC SQDM and one HC Inf only Conquest. It is up to you guys. that is the best way to get ahold of me now days.
    TS3: notellcartel.typefrag.com pass: frag

=OSS*Xconman=

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:17 am

• I think one is enough. Ufear had 2 but since it was so hard to manage and idle, both servers died until they decided to just work on one. We have half of the amount of active players ufear has. I will definitely not work unless we are all supremely dedicated meaning "Gaming comes First" which obviously cant happen.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 am

• Server crashed get it back up!
    =OSS*Bomber=

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 pm

• Server is up and runnin..thanks XC. 8/16 at moment but been full awhile ago. :D

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:42 pm

• As in server rules, are there any?

ProCon is working for me, so trying to help the server whenever im surfing the web and what not. So far, only had to kick a person for language... and disrespect.
    =OSS*TROOP3R=
    Clan Young Gun

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:34 pm

• Trooper, I don't recall that any of us have discussed or set down any "Carved in Stone" rules.
    I kicked a couple of guys one night, the first for mouthing off continuously each time he was shot by anyone, calling them a "N****r". Then when he was kicked, his buddy jumped onto my squad and began spawning on me and TK'ing me over and over. I performed the same back to him and then summarily kicked him along with the message "Go play Mario Karts with your buddy" :twisted:

So heck, just play it by your feelings. I don't think we actually have many cheaters. PB does a half-assed job of keeping the modded file type cheaters out of the server. I can't vouch for how well it pre-empts any Aimbot or Wall Hack type cheats out of ANY server. So who knows.
    It's a guessing game unless you spectate or screenshot them from PB somehow and I'd rather not take the time to do all that crap.

But with enough guys checking up on it, things should remain pretty stable.

Now if I can get Bomber to quit fooling around with the maps.... :roll:
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:19 pm

• Added white pass and laguna.
    Please let's keep it permanent.
    It took me a while to figure out the perfect order with 5 maps.
    Also change tickets to 143. It's to draw attention by how random the number is. It works.

P.s. Ea apologizes for all the servers that had their settings constantly reset. It's their fault.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:11 pm

• Thanks for watching out for the server Bomber.
    And by the way, I found this interesting post from Naz himself concerning the way we think about our servers....

It goes like this. We run these servers and sites to have a good time, and thats it. We dont pay for servers and web hosts to let other people come in and spoil the fun. Not just anyone can become a member of this team, you actually all get hand picked. Everyone knows this.

With this being said, the most important thing, is that every member of this team is happy playing on it. If a person comes in and is a jack ass, kick them out of the server. DOont even mouth off to them, just punt their dumb ass.

This is how we do it in 2K4, and in XMP. This is how I want it done in SOF 2 as well. I am more than happy to run servers for peoples enjoyment, hell, I dont even play the game, but....When peeps start dissing my peeps, then they gonna get banned.....Pissing in our yard is useless.

PreviousNext

Return to BF BC2

Information