Map pack 7

Discussion of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and related topics.
Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Welcome to the second post in our series on the upcoming VIP Map Pack 7. Today, we revisit the single player map Heavy Metal -- now turned into one of the largest multiplayer maps for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

For VIP Map Pack 7, we always knew we wanted the classics Oasis and Harvest Day. But we also know that our players love huge battlefields with plenty of vehicles. So we went back to the singleplayer campaign in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to see what we could take from there and transform into new multiplayer maps. We wanted a level that could incorporate both vehicle warfare and close quarters battle. We found that in Heavy Metal.

The multiplayer game mode of choice on this remastered version of Heavy Metal is Conquest, with the classic three flag setup. The three flags are spread over the entire terrain. This seemed like a crazy idea at first -- this map is even bigger than Atacama Desert -- but we stuck to it, and it turned out to provide a real sense of epic scale.

There are plenty of vehicles here, and they will spawn on captured bases, so players will not feel stranded if they decide to move to another base. If an enemy chopper happens to stop by for a rocket-filled visit, anti air guns are provided in strategic locations to keep the air battles balanced and the home bases safe.

We hope you enjoy this immense battlefield when VIP Map Pack 7 goes live. Be sure to check back regularly for the very latest information on everything Battlefield. Next Wednesday, we take an in-depth look at Cold War, the third map in VIP Map Pack 7.

Map 1: Oasis

Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer

Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 2: Harvest Day

Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer

Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 3: Cold War

Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer

Game modes: Rush, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 4: Heavy Metal

Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer

Game modes: Conquest, Squad Deathmatch

Correction: This Monday, we reported the multiplayer modes for all maps in VIP Map Pack 7. For Heavy Metal, the correct modes are Conquest and Squad Deathmatch.

info: from BC2 blog
    =OSS*Bomber=

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:40 pm

• This is going to be good. More SQUAD DEATH MATCH maps!!!
    I can't wait to try 'em out.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:14 pm

• So I guess this should be coming out soon... and within a month Vietnam should be out. A lot on the BC2 plate all the sudden. Glad they kept vietnam affordable at 14.99. I was hoping EA didn't try to squeeze $30 out of us.
    =OSS*OGT=

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:10 am

• here`s the list from what`s fixex with the new patch
    it´s already out with an unofficiak version 2,4 GB :shock: as i read it

* Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
    * Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
    * Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
    * Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
    * Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
    * Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
    * Increased the AT4's top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
    * Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
    * Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
    * Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
    * Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
    * Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
    * Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
    * Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
    * Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
    * Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
    * Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
    * Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
    * Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
    * Slightly increased the damage of the UH6
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:18 pm

• well. its pretty much an emphasis from the last patch. The only few things i actually like is the scope on mk14 and g3 and the increased power on the blackhawk. I will definitely use the m14 way more now.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:15 pm

• * Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.

Hopefully the gun is usable now. It's one of the 3 AR's I have left to platinum.
    =OSS*OGT=

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:00 pm

• =OSS*OGT= wrote:* Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.

Hopefully the gun is usable now. It's one of the 3 AR's I have left to platinum.

The F2000 is among my favorite weapons now. Of course, I had kinda learned to like it before the patch.... but... after the patch it is pretty deadly. Put it on target, and it puts a LOT of rounds pretty accurately on target in a hurry. Usually results in winning those face-to-face gunfights as long as you get on target.

Equip it with the 40MM shotgun slug (not GL) and go visit the bad streets of our 24/7 Arica I/O server and you can do some serious damage with it...
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:39 am

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:45 pm

• :D Been playing some of these maps, Looks promising. Damn this game has now gone from very good to Magnificant. BIG landscape with wide open fields (no need to use that ...squirrel machine!?) :lol:
    That "Cold War" or whatever the map name is has got enormous potential to be a good map. Well after quite a long day of playing the "vanilla" maps I had no steam left to investigate this more . Gotta sleep :(
    Cant wait to get in there again.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:01 pm

• I've had some great games with the new maps. It's always a blast before everyone knows the strategies inside and out. The really big ones might get stale with sniping really quick, but I'll enjoy the carnage while it lasts :twisted:
    =OSS*Crimson Ghost=

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:33 am

• ...Harvest day and Oasis. Great alot of fun with lots of tanks and helos. I think they did a good job on this map pack. Dont feel to be a critic at moment. :D

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:52 pm

• So I see it's out... to the servers I go---->
    =OSS*OGT=

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:51 pm

• I like the new maps. Very good for some strategic skirmishes.
    Since the update I've been hitting up the G3 a lot with the Red Dot and 4x. It seems much improved after the patch.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:36 pm

• Flyswamper wrote:The F2000 is among my favorite weapons now. Of course, I had kinda learned to like it before the patch.... but... after the patch it is pretty deadly. Put it on target, and it puts a LOT of rounds pretty accurately on target in a hurry. Usually results in winning those face-to-face gunfights as long as you get on target.

Equip it with the 40MM shotgun slug (not GL) and go visit the bad streets of our 24/7 Arica I/O server and you can do some serious damage with it...

That's the kit i'm rockin' right now and I like it. The F2000 feels like the AUG now. :D Huge improvement.

I like the new maps a lot. Cold War's like a better White Pass with no snow gusts.
    =OSS*OGT=

Next

Return to BF BC2

Information