:Weapons:

Discussion of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and related topics.
Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:23 pm

• I'd like to hear you guys post up with what weapons/kits your using so I can get a feel for what's working for other people. Early on I was heavy assault and engineer, whereas now i'm trying to spread out and earn some medals with the medic kit.

My question to all you long time LMG users: Is it better to peck with 1 or 2 round bursts or hold it down and spray? My instinct is to peck 'em a couple times and they're dead, but in the game it says "LMG's accuracy gets better with fully automatic fire" or something like that? Most guns start to spread when you open up automatic, but the LMG's get more focused?
    =OSS*OGT=

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:06 pm

• When I get into a server I usually setup all my kits like this:

Assault: XM8 p.........M93r..............Lightweight pack ..........body armor..........vehicle optics package

Medic: T88 LMG.......M93r..........Lightweight pack ..........body armor..........vehicle optics package

Engy: AKS74..........M93r.........(different RLs depending on map)........MMN SMG (silencer) or 4x optics...........body armor........... vehicle optics package

Recon: M24.........M93r..........mortar..........4x optics ..........body armor..........vehicle optics package

These can vary depending on map and the flow of the game.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:43 pm

• Let's see...usually its:

Assault: M416 or M16....one of the handguns; I never use them....40mm...red dot...magnum ammo...improved warheads package.

Medic: MG36....handgun....red dot....magnum ammo....improved warheads package.

________

The occasional engineer kit: AK-74U......handgun.....best launcher I have unlocked....red dot....magnum ammo....improved warheads.

I wonder how it works with the tank addons when we're both in the tank, as in do we both get each other's attributes or do I just have the improved warheads and you just the optics?
    =OSS*OGT=

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:48 am

• upgrades are shared :))

That's why I posted a few days back about us coordinating our upgrades if we do the tank squad thing.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 am

• Assault: AEK-971 VINTOVKA + 40MM GRENADE + M1911 + GRENADE VEST

Engineer: SCAR-L CARBINE or SAIGA 20 + Mr. GUSTAV + M1911 + EXPLOSIVES LEG POUCH

Medic & Recon: Meh...don't use it unless I pick it off the ground to someone revive someone or if I need some meds or a mortar strike.

I want a M1A1 Trench Broom. :wink:
    =OSS*repor
    The Rockin' Rocketeer

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:30 am

• If you just click on my signature you can actually see all my stats by weapon (and lots of other ways). but....

I tend to vary the kits and upgrade selections just a wee bit depending on the map and who I am playing with. For instance, if I'm playing in a squad with ANYBODY I know or even strangers that are talking and really are being team players I'll almost never go recon. But occasionally if I'm in "loner mode" I might pull out the sniper kit (mainly just to learn/improve myself at that).

Anyway.... here are what I *think* I most commonly kit myself out with these days:

Assault: M16A2, 40MM Grenade, 4X Rifle Scope
    Engineer: XM8 Compact, M2 Carl Gustav AT, 4x rifle scope
    Medic: M60, 4x rifle scope, tracer dart, either ceramic body armor or heavy barrel-accuracy upgrade.
    Recon: GOL Sniper Magnum, mortar (although C4 depending on map and need), 12X scope,

For the sidearm: If I'm a medic, I usually just get tracer darts since I can spray for long bursts and probably don't need a pistol. Other main rifles and I'll alternate between the M93R burst and the MP-412 for those times when I'm in battle and have to pull out the pistol.

Other upgrades: These depend a LOT on what I'm doing and who I'm playing with. If nobody is running assault to resupply me, I might get the extra explosives pouch. If there will be ammo lying around, go for the improved demoltions. If spraying-n-praying with the M60 I'll either get the ceramic body armor or the improved-heavy-barrel option. Just depends I guess.

And on using the M60...I don't claim to actually know if what I'm doing is best, but..... if I'm shooting it mid/long range I stick to short repeated bursts. If I get into the urban warfare and am facing a soldier up close I am a lot more likely to just hold that mouse button down until everybody else is dead. A lot of people seem to prefer the red-dot upgrade for the M60 whereas I tend to go with the 4x scope. You do get a lot more *APPARENT* recoil action with the 4x scope but I believe that is the same amount of movement either way and that it just appears larger because you are zoomed in. Unless it makes you/me motion sick...I like the better view that beind zoomed in affords when at a distance. And again.... when up close there may not even be a need to zoom at all!

At the moment, you are most likely to find me as assault running with the M16. That gun has become my 2nd love and I'm working on the platinum star for it at the moment....

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:15 am

• For before I got my platinum's (now when I get a platinum I pretty much retire that weapon)

Almost all classes I go with Red Dot and Mag Rounds, I do this for long range battles (which happen frequently with me :P) Only exception is with sniper I got with the 12X Scope, I also almost always get the sensor for the vehicle, most of the other perks don't really do too much anyways, I would rather be able to see when a pesky lil sniper is trying to sneak up behind me ;) (That and great for peeking into buildings)

Assault- AN94, 1911, 40mm Grenade
    Engineer- AKSU74, 1911/443, Gustav
    Medic- M60, 1911/M9
    Sniper- M95, 412/1911, C4/Mortar (depends how often the tank is being used)

Assault and Medic are the two I use the most nowadays, working on the 416/M16 with Assault and the T88 with Medic (sorta XD)

To answer your question, short bursts are the best, that hogwash about full auto being more accurate isnt true unless you can touch the other guy with your gun barrel ;) Same thing with Assault weapons and oh heck any weapon, short bursts are almost always gonna be more accurate than spray and pray
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:07 pm

• Platinum's already? Dayummmm...... which guns?

I've got like 4 or 5 gold's on the XM8 P, M416, and M16. Long ass way to go...
    =OSS*OGT=

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:15 pm

• Lol, yea platinum's on the M60 and AN94, with work getting close on the 416 and then 5 golds to go on the Saiga

That's why you always hear me complaining about missing my AN and M60 :P because they are retired for now lol
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:48 am

• i have a question about the MBT`s

what do i have to (can i?) equip to use an MG as secondary weapon without a 2nd man on the tank??

my setup usually is similar to roid`s and with the MG`s i prefer 2 or 3 short bursts starting at the chest so it goes p to the head and u`ll be fine :wink: i only use autofire on very close distances and even then i dont get a kill :cry:
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 pm

• If your in the tank alone just switch seats and use the mounted gun. There is an upgrade that enables secondary mg fire from the maingun position but I don't have it yet.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:06 pm

• My choices are always based on the Map Geographics of course.
    I suppose mine is about the same as what you are all using.
    I still like the SCAR in the Eng kit. It is so sweet with the Zoom.
    Also the M16A2 is a great "burst round" weapon. If you see them first and get off a couple of bursts, they will go down :twisted:
    Also at longer distances the M16A2 will work well. Head shots are easy with this weapon too. It doesn't seem to rise as much I guess due to being a Burst Fire and not fully auto.

Open Maps call me to be a Rcon and the BIG Sniper rifle is just awesome.
    A little elevation on the Long Distance Head shots and it's a one shot kill.

I mix and match based on several things...Tank cranks up, I die as a Rcon, I may spawn as a Eng and have my Tube. Otherwise I typically will use the Assault Kit throughout.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:39 am

• To be short: when I want to go berserk I go M60.This LMG is freaking awesome in many ways. Espeacially in Jungleenvironment. Hit the trigger and keep goin...it clears the Battlefield, taking out whole squads even, its a MONSTER. Screen from a certain RUSH-round a couple of days ago. :D
    PS. I try to vary after circumstances/what goes around...

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:12 am

• Term- Yes the M60 is awesome, it was the first Platinum weapon I had, however it has a weakness, while its great at range, mid to high, at point blank or close range, it is weaker than normal (glitch?)

Ghost- switch seats with F1,F2,F3 and you can switch back and forth, but keep in mind, if someone jumps in, you are stuck where you are at lol (happens a lot)
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:49 am

• Now that we are much more experienced I'm sure our ideas have changed.
    The last custom mentioned in each kit is for the vehicle perk.
    Vietnam Assault: m16a1, m1911, light weight, Mgnm ammo, alt weapon
    Vietnam medic: rpk, m1911, light weight Mgnm ammo, alt weapon
    Vietnam Engineer(Helo Related perks): ppsh, m1911,mines, lightweight, body armor, reload
    Vietnam sniper: m40, m1911, tnt, lightweight, Mgnm ammo, alt weapon

Bc2

Assault: Not much of a fan of it anymore but f2000, m1911, 40mm shotty, 4x scope, Mgnm ammo, smoke
    Medic, mg3 sa, m1911, 4x scope, Mgnm ammo, smoke
    Engineer(used most recently): xm8, m1911, CG noobtube, 4x scope, Mgnm ammo, optics
    Sniper: m24, m1911, c4, lightweight, Mgnm ammo, smoke
    =OSS*Bomber=

Next

Return to BF BC2

Information