:Weapons:

Discussion of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and related topics.
Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:05 am

• Lately Ive used whatever weapon I still have to get stars with.

...that have given me better knowledge that every weapon in bc2 is leathal and usable in a certain context.

Shortly: In 100 kill rounds I start to take out some vegetation and walls from builds to see enemies better. This game just begs for housesitters. I hate that.. :evil:

Then theres time enough to get frags enough to win a round, in company with fraghappy guys like you are.

Assault: F2000 - very accurate - XM8 great on burst fire (manual) - AN94 POWER!! - M16 Accurate! - M416 Smooth! - all with 4x Scope.

4x Scope is my thing at moment. Othervise I dont see enemys, lol!

I actually use most of the weaps available xcept for 2 engineer weapons that I have not found usable, cant rem their names. Engineer favorites: UZI, PP2000, AKS-74U.

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 am

• I'm in the same boat as Termi. I just use whatever I haven't gotten to platinum status yet and seems most appropriate for the job. As that list of "available" weapons grows short, I find myself choosing weapons that I don't really love that much but..... it does make the game interesting to have to re-adapt your tactics to fit the weapons you have instead of the other way around.

Current kits being worked on include:

Medic: Saiga shotgun equipped with both medic upgrades for maximum points (extended healing pack range and faster healing perk)

Assault & Recon: M14 with 4x scope. Other perks just depend on whats happening on the battlefield.

Engineer: SPECACT-UMP45, and either AT4 or mines, usually use extra mines/rockets perk and magnum ammo.

But really, my kit changes fairly frequently. As soon as I finish off one weapon it's on to the next and adopting new strategies again....

If I'm pressed into a corner (beating beated down too badly), I have been known to pull out old favorites though. Those would include:

If I'm facing too many enemies at once, out comes the medic guns: Medic: SAW with 4x scope and magnum ammo

If I'm just facing a particularly cunning/smart/good player.... I want the sensor balls, so I become: Recon: VSS with 4x scope
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:26 pm

• No matter wepaon, I just love to play with U Flyswamper and also with U guys in OSS. Lately I havent seen much of U , with one exception, BLOOD.
    Get in a game , no matter the OSS server aint working as its supposed.
    We can invade some other server. :D

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:03 pm

• Yea I havent been on too much lately because I have been sick as a dog and unable to even focus on TV

As far as my weapon kits *evil smile* The M1, M14, T88 S, AT4, Mines, Mortars, M95 SA and MG3 SA are the ONLY weapons on the original BC2 that I have left to platinum outside of the vehicles, and they are mostly all weapons I hate, besides the MG3 and AT4

Then I will pretty much be focusing on vietnam

As far as favorite weapon kits

416, 1911, 40mm shotgun, red dot, mag ammo, alt weapon
    pp2000, 1911, RPG/AT4, lightweight kit, mag ammo, alt weapon
    ^same with UMP
    M60 for medic with above available slot fillers
    M24 for sniper
    =OSS*bulldog1986=

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:49 pm

• =OSS*bulldog1986= wrote: The M1, M14, T88 S, AT4, Mines, Mortars, M95 SA and MG3 SA....and they are mostly all weapons I hate, besides the MG3 and AT4

I definitely understand where you are coming from on these weapons. However, once I fully committed to "become one with the AT4" I gotta admit that I just love using that thing. I'm not as good yet as I'd like to be for shooting down those choppers and other fast moving vehicles, but...... it brings such a big smile to my face everytime I take down some pesky chopper with the AT4 that I forget about all those times I get killed standing out in the open guiding it to it's target. It makes it all worth it. :)

Of course, thats just me.... but..... you might give it a second try. With your skills I'm sure you could master that thing before too long. It comes in kinda handy for shooting armor (and sometimes infantry if necessary) around corners as well. :)

And I don't know about you, but.... I hated the M14 and other weapons like it at first. Thats why it is one of the few that isn't plat yet for me either. But.... with that said..... Now that they let you put the 4x (or RDS) scope on it, I have developed a new appreciation for it. it's a nice/decent medium/long range gun. I think the M1 Garand will be a lot nicer with the scopes on it too...I just haven't tried it out yet (gotta finish the M14 first).

One thing I did not too long ago that was a breath of fresh air was to purchase the SPECACT kit. It was a joy to use the M16 again (as SPECACT version) and it ain't too bad to be using the UMP-45 again. I could have done without a repeat of the MG3 though... (but I got through it). The extra sniper rifle is just another sniper rifle that I'm going to put off using until there is nothing left.

Anyway..... main reason for writing is...... give that AT4 another look. It can be a lot of fun if you don't mind the learning curve.

Of course, there is a reason that my playing as engineer class has resulted in significantly lower K/D ratio than when I play other kits. And that is because I have this mental defect that finds joy in taking out vehicles even when I don't get kills (and get killed in the process).... Heh.... so maybe its not for everybody... :)

Oh... and Termi..... right back atcha (i.e. always a blast playing with you!)...
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:38 pm

• The At4 is definitely a gun rocket to use especially against choppers.

But flyswamper, since you love fragging with termi how bout getting vent like you said you would install sometime in the future! :roll:
    =OSS*Bomber=

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:42 am

• =OSS*BOMBER= wrote:But flyswamper, since you love fragging with termi how bout getting vent like you said you would install sometime in the future! :roll:

I will I will..... I promise. The trouble is when I sit down to my gaming rig I usually just wanna go straight to fragging and I forget about all that cleanup and optimizing and software installing and video-card updating that I really *SHOULD* do. But sometime soon I'll download vent and get it installed.

Of course it's a two way street this subject though.... he (and the rest of you) is welcome in the Teamspeak server my gang runs as well.... I forget the IP but it's right on the front of our homepage at worldgamingorder.com.

But.... reminder/point taken....I'll do it...just let this old man have a chance to remember when he sits down and before he starts fragging...
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 am

• Ok. I guess i will have to hack your computer to force you to download it. :roll:
    =OSS*Bomber=

Previous

Return to BF BC2

Information