The History of Battlefield

Battlefield 2
Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:36 pm

• =OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote:It may help educate the newer Battlefield fans out there and help some of those peeps that call Bad Company 2 "BF2".

hate when that happens lol

thanks for the link :D
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:43 am

• wow thx for the link Desmo im downloading this now and put it in the archive to safe it for eternitiy and later generations :wink:
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 am

• Haha Nice find Desmo
    =OSS*FREAK=

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

• HAHA
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Tue May 08, 2012 1:26 am

• video 1 reminds me of me sometimes when i have a captain&coke&BF3 or stoli&bull%BF3 session :)
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Tue May 08, 2012 2:34 pm

• Lolz, yes...I find no more joy in game with alcohol. strange, gotta have with some age shit to do. Anyway the game has got me so freaking addicted and I guess I never will learn to master all the classes as I intended before getting the bf3. Itsw way to big! Recently I got hooked to the ONE map..metro/train. Total mayhem all time. Scores under 20000 is a dissapointement. yes im a scores/rank whore. Cant say anything else.

"Are those subtitles" must have come from this kinda mayhem/ meat grinder map. Multi kill is always a possibility. And .....the world No:1, Op-sHI-SB is playing there once and while...gives some flavour to the thrill. After playing with that dude, I cant tell his a cheater. I cant say that. I wanted to but now...no!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Op-sHi-SB/

"Punkbuster Sucks"....well that is a statement to take under consideration. :roll:

Now im preaching again, hahaha, cant hide my appreciation to the game. Just love it. its all of bf2 but in a more fancy package. I have also taken part of watching the game on a 1155 rig with the new GTX680 GPU....omfg!!!!!! that videocard is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    I mean, I play with a nice GTX580 but the 680 is ....evolution!!!
    Gotta se it to believe it. :shock:

ahh gotta go out and get some fresh noobs (like we all are, mostly).
    Metro is just the mind blower I need now...kill kill :wink:

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Fri May 11, 2012 2:53 pm

• =OSS*TERMINATOR= wrote: Recently I got hooked to the ONE map..metro/train. Total mayhem all time. Scores under 20000 is a dissapointement. yes im a scores/rank whore. Cant say anything else.

FYI.... The =WGO= server started running 24/7 Metro as of last night....

The thing I'm wondering is whether or not we really need 64 slots (or more than 32 anyway) to get that true Metro-mayhem experience. I know I usually join a 64-slot Metro when the mood strikes me for non-stop medic-spamming action. It's kinda funny how I can be at (or very very near) the top of the scoreboard and only have a few kills when playing that map. I recall a recent round where me and another guy were "battling it out" to see who'd get the MVP/ACE ribbon. He was playing support and doing almost nothing but chucking grenades int he same spot all game. He ended up something like 45-3 kill/death. I was doing nothing but reviving and healing people and I went like 9-7 kill/death but we were both about the same score. Eventually he won... but my wifey is to blame for that one... he he... She came in and needed to chat just as the round was ending... he he...

It certainly does seem to be the score/min map of choice. I know I previously thought people that had score/minute above about 500 were suspect. But then my old WGO buddy Sev has been doing nothing but medic-spamming on Metro maps and his SPM is around 700-800 I think. Knowing him as I do (i.e. knowing he isn't a hacker/cheater), it has opened my eyes as to what a legit SPM could be.

Anyway.... point is.... we are going to give Metro a run. We'll switch to the "close quarters" expansion pack as soon as it comes out. The hope/thinking is that it will be more mayhem-style gameplay much like Metro is. We shall see I guess.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Sat May 12, 2012 8:26 pm

• There are two camps on this Metro thing...
    On the one hand is the ideal SPM situation and obviously this works for many players.

On the other hand is the anti-metro players who feel like the SPM should not be so easy.

Personally, I never liked Metro for the very reason that many play it - the mayhem.

And referring to my ongoing opinion about the game, I could care less about SPM or the Compiling of the stats as they are now.
    I play for fun and the stats get in the way of that in many instances.
    Players will leave a server due to worrying their K/D ratio may be compromised.
    Or Rage Quit if they aren't making 2 or more kills per minute of gameplay.

My mindset is the same as it was in Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Play the game for fun and the ranking will happen.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Sun May 13, 2012 11:09 am

• Yeah Blood. I hear ya about Metro. There are metro fans and there are some who really dont like it. My own mindset is that I can enjoy playing just about any map and mode. The thing is we have several ago guys that are into metro . One guy (sev) that has helped me pay for the server doesn't play anything but metro. Another guy says he is a metro fan these days too ( though to be honest the other guy just seems to like whatever map he thinks will help his kill death ratio) twe are giving it the old college try on our servers. I honestly think we will probably put the karkand map rotation back on in a few days because this metro test is turning out to be such a dismal failure. But we will at least finish the weekend with it there.

All I really want is a server that is reasonably popular and the guys I enjoy gaming with enjoy playing on it too. The problem is that some peeps are more finicky than others and it's darn near impossible to please em all
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Tue May 15, 2012 2:15 am

• :lol: This is a great BF2 thread...how things can turn out. But on the other side, we are writing BATTLEFILD history all battlehours now and coming days. :wink:

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 pm

• So true Swamper. I almost have to pay our guys to get into the OSS server.
    But what is typical (not always but usually) is as soon as three or four of us get in there, more will come.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Return to -BF2-

Information