Forgotten Hope 2

Battlefield 2
Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 pm

• wish u lots of fun but i won´t be around there im too addicted to WoT these days
    METAL RULEZ :twisted:
    (NO kangaroos in Austria)
    =OSS*GhOStOfVieNNa=
    Austrian Assassin

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:56 pm

• count me in I guess
    HonkeyMofoJr
    Clan Mascot

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:03 am

• No worries GhostofVienna. Although, you might find some fun in the armor pieces in the game. The German tanks are accurately depicted and the much stronger than the Allied tanks. The maps are gorgeous as well. I dare say it, probably the most realistic looking maps for BF2 I have ever seen.

Feel free to join us HMJ. Trooper, Dumbp, and I try to squeze some rounds in when we have had our fill of PR. The gameplay is pretty fun as infantry as long as you can stay away form those blasted tanks. The maps are unbelievably detailed and a ton of fun.
    =OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:26 am

• I love this mod for BF2, and if you have BF2 still installed.....download it! It a blast! Very realistic maps, guns, vehicles... all the goodies. If you ever watched Saving Private Ryan and remember they bridge the defended... its a map. Desmo, dump and I just played it and it was amazing.

If you are great at World Of Tanks, try out those old tanks in FH2.... amazing.
    Big tank battles on some maps, which even makes it more realistic in the desert.

As desmo said about the maps... there are Forest maps, urban maps and of course desert maps!

I can go on and on about FH2 because I enjoy it so much.. only thing we are lacking is squad members.
    =OSS*TROOP3R=
    Clan Young Gun

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:16 am

• i might give it a try, the map from saving private ryan must be fun :D
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:52 am

• =OSS*KEFKE96= wrote:i might give it a try, the map from saving private ryan must be fun :D

If you're playing on the German side and you're in the Tiger tank. :P The three of us were on the American side and we got beat back to the "Alamo" fairly easy. It was still fun trying to make sure they didn't cross the river. I've been waiting to play a game with a map based on that scene. There was one for BF1942 but this map is much more realistic and is a ton of fun.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trooper, Dumbp, and I had an epic round on Hurtgen Forest. Trooper was squad leader and did a great job staying alive and acting as a spawn point while our squad assaulted the objective.

One memorable moment was Dumbp and I attacking a bunker position illustrated (rather poorly) below...

Green dot = Trooper staying low and staying alive
    Red/Orange dot = bunker position
    Yellow arrows = (you guessed it) our general route of travel

Trooper had the squad originally going to the first southern flag but changed route and wanted to try the middle. BAD idea. It is a large hill with trenches and mounted machine gun positions that the Germans were using rather effectively. A few of us died but Trooper managed to stay alive and we assaulted the original objective. After about a 10 minute skirmish and the effective use of the "smoke and charge" technique patented by Trooper, we took the flag. It was brilliant. Trooper smoked this machine gunner high on an overlooking hill and then charged straight up and shot him in the face. We then moved on, staying as far south as we could and met fairly light resistance. We took the next flag rather easily. It was now our turn to loop behind the enemy and go after the second middle flag. The green dot gives the approximate position of Trooper as he stayed behind to act as a spawn point. Dumbp and I made our way up. We found a trench and we waited for a minute. Three enemies ran by us. I got one with my Garand and he got two with his Thompson. We then bolted for the bunker near the flag. I heard a machine gun emplacement being used in the bunker. I literally swung around and put my Garand in the enemy's nose and fired. Terrifically satisfying. :D We promptly captured the flag and had to head back to reinforce the rear. We had them down to one flag and the bleed was so fast we couldn't get to the last flag to finish capping them out.

Awesome round!

=OSS*DesmoLocke=
    Carolina Corpse Creator

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:43 am

• haha i also saw there was omhama beach, was also in 1942, but on youtube it looked more chaotic, looked real :D
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:58 am

• That map on Huntgren forest was killer! This mod is so much fun playing with friends. A relief from playing PR, PR is amazing, but can get annoyed with it easily. Trooper and Des said it, the maps in FH2 are incredibly detailed and feel so real.
    dumbp440

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 am

Return to -BF2-

Information