Old Flyswamper fired up BF2 once again...

Battlefield 2

• Well... after months and months of going completely and totally cold turkey from BF2.... I fired up the game and had a little run around GP's Jalalabad server this past weekend.

The impetus came from my youngest son who wanted to frag alongside dad. He isn't allowed to play Bad Company 2 because of all the language in the game and his tender young age (still pre-teen). anyway...that's beside the point...

Well.... Little Hurricane_storm (thats my youngest boy) and I explored the map and killed a few bad guys and generally had a good time. However, old man Flyswamper quickly realized just how rusty he is.... Not in the aiming-shooting or even strategic places to be parts..... but in hitting the right dang key on the keyboard to get the gun/kit/weapon-mode that you want. And spotting.......geez I'm slow. For the longest time I kept hitting just the Q key and forgetting why the spotting wasn't working... lol

Not all that long ago I could use the commo-rose and spam chats and pickup new kits and select weapons with blazing speeds..... Now I just get killed because I'm standing there like an idiot with the medic pack out when I wanted the shock paddles.... or I take 10 seconds to remember to hit G to pickup the kit on the ground..... heh...

It was fun.... and I *might* be back in there some more.... but obviously I need to re-teach this old dog some old tricks...
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    =OSS*Flyswamper

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm

• Happened to me too when I went back to play for awhile. :(
    I hope they keep the settings like Bc2 from now on. Hate havin to learn new keys.
    =OSS*Bomber=

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:08 am

• :lol: I had the same problems a while ago. I was almost down and was about to "call for a Medpack"....I didnt get it...couldnt for my life remember how to... :oops: ...well that is how an old guy like me works. :lol:

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:33 pm

• Doesn't matter how long I go without playing.. It's the same as walking. It's just something you do :P
    HonkeyMofoJr
    Clan Mascot

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:12 pm

• :x Jr....hahaha...Yeah I know..LOL!

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

Return to -BF2-

Information