The Avengers - WooHoo!

General Mass
Mon May 21, 2012 12:28 pm

• ^i wanna see it but first the avengers, next weekend
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 pm

• =OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote:I will say this much. It was worth the wait.

Now, what about this Battleship movie in theaters now?...

Battleship is next on my list right now, Am waiting for it to open it with open caption for us deaf people.

chump01284

Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 am

• I know a few people that saw Battleship and said it was like a climax with an anti double-up. Disappointing apparently. That's enough for me.. I'll wait for an R5 to D/L.

The next two to see is Promethius and The Amazing Spiderman.

=OSS* witty5 wrote:Favorite part of the movie is the Loki - Hulk scene. My 7 year old nephew and I laughed for 10 minutes after that scene! The Avengers Rock! Great movie! :D
    Yep.. my favourite too. "Puny God!" You have to love how Hulk paused, had a quick look, then did two more smashes.. Hahaaa!
    =OSS*Shaggie=
    Shagmeister

Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am

• My Take on Battleship -

Loose Plot.
    Character Development was weak.

Full of Errors, mostly scripting - for instance : The policeman tells them that all communications are down, nothing works, not the internet, Radio, TV, Nothing....then in the next scene, he's on his Two-Way Mobile Radio talking to his base...?!

Liam Neeson's character had very limited interaction in the movie despite him being a Major Star. It almost verged on a cameo rather than part of the story line.

Facial expressions and emotions were shallow and weak in contrast to what was supposedly going on in the story.

* (the threat of Alien Annihalation is a serious matter, not full of humorous innuendos and tongue in cheek statements)

Never really felt that "Sock it to me" or "Nailed It" moment through the entire film.
    It just pandered around slowly with lots of Graphic effects.

Very predictable. You know the feeling you get when you say in your mind "I knew that was going to happen". There are too many of those "I knew" moments.

The science was weak. And I mean watered down weak. To introduce such a complicated matter in a film as sending signals to space and getting a reply was just not up to par with the science.
    The Movie with Jodie Foster called "Contact" was the best movie to ever cover this phenomenon.

Sorry to bash this one so much but I was worried from the start when I saw that it was all partnered with "HasBro" toys.....

*Edit: The Will Smith movie "Independence Day" as well as the "Men in Black" movies are obviously humorous etc etc, but they are promoted that way even though they are concerned with an Alien presence attempting to destroy earth or mankind.
    Battleship began on a serious note but lost it's way when they began to sprinkle the script with bits of humor that seemed out of place for this particular movie.
    Last edited by 56BLOOD on Wed May 23, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Tue May 22, 2012 3:31 pm

• Perhaps they should've thrown Ironman and Agent Coulson in to liven it up a bit. :D

As soon as I saw Rihanna was in it - I laughed myself stupid. All I saw was an over-indulgent marketing exercise that seemed suspect; that had only the good scenes in the trailers (much like Deep Impact years ago). Seems I was right.

I say wait for Bluray/Dvd. Otherwise you might end up playing Angry Birds on your cell phone half-way through the film.
    =OSS*Shaggie=
    Shagmeister

Tue May 22, 2012 4:52 pm

• chump01284 wrote:
    =OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote:I will say this much. It was worth the wait.

Now, what about this Battleship movie in theaters now?...

Battleship is next on my list right now, Am waiting for it to open it with open caption for us deaf people.

Chump, youre deaf? wow i had no idea bro...
    "If Hitchens Is In Hell, I would Like To Make My Reservation"

=OSS*Lenin=

Tue May 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Wed May 23, 2012 1:22 am

• =OSS*DesmoLocke= wrote:
    =OSS*Shaggie= wrote:The next two to see is Promethius and The Amazing Spiderman.

Agreed.

Prometheus to be sure....I can hold out longer on Spiderman since it's the old Genre in a new body, but Prom looks to be awesome.
    Interesting that in one preview scene I noticed the Alien Ship as well as it's Alien Pilot as being the same one they find in a Fossilized state in the First "Alien" movie with Sigourney Weaver.

The connection between these movies is going to be interesting.
    I haven't read up on the details because I want to wait and figure it out watching the flick.
    56BLOOD
    'Bama Bulldog

Wed May 23, 2012 1:33 am

• Skyfall, Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises are the only movies that I want to see this year.
    =OSS*repor
    The Rockin' Rocketeer

Wed May 23, 2012 3:12 am

Fri May 25, 2012 6:57 pm

• Never really dug Batman.. and Christian Bale's over-acting shits me (especially his awful tough-guy Batman talk).

I'm with Blood on Spidey. That's on the list but Prometheus is my first choice.
    =OSS*Shaggie=
    Shagmeister

Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 am

Sat May 26, 2012 2:23 pm

• just saw the avengers, it was awesome :D
    =OSS*KEFKE96=

Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 pm

• I'm seeing Avengers again next weekend.
    My boss is paying for Gold Class 3D. Can't say no to that. :)
    =OSS*Shaggie=
    Shagmeister

Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 am

• All I can say is 3D was brilliant!
    Every film hereon if released in 3D is what I will see. So many more frames per scene not shown in 2D and far more depth and clarity. I loved this.

Next Promethius and the Amazing Spidey. :D
    =OSS*Shaggie=
    Shagmeister

PreviousNext

Return to -Legion-

Information