OSS*History

General Mass
Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:13 am

• Hmmm, anyone heard anything about RF3???? Release date? PC or console??
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:43 pm

• Red Faction: Guerrilla?

Since the last game in the franchise was released in the terrifying time before Joystiq (2003!), you were probably too busy fending off saber-tooth tiger attacks to bother acquainting yourself with THQ's sci-fi first-person shooter, Red Faction. The series drew much attention to its use of "GeoMod" technology, a fancy bit of programming which enabled the real-time destruction and geometric alteration of specific and often rare in-game surfaces. A third game, unsurprisingly referred to as "Red Faction 3," has now been revealed to be in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Speaking in a recent conference call, THQ CEO Brian Farrell noted that the game would once again be created by Volition, the same developer that's somehow responsible for both Saint's Row and Descent: Freespace. Red Faction 3 is expected to further enhance the franchise's destructive tendencies through the aid of today's more powerful platforms (translation: bigger 'splosions plus bloom) and should arrive somewhere between April 2008 and March 2009.

Quote is from joystiq
    Screens at ign

Hopefully they will learn from RF2 and include multi this time. It not sucking would also be cool.

=OSS*OGT=

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:55 pm

• Grrr, I see vehicles in there. I was hoping for a more traditional shooter like the original. Introducing vehicles with massive killing power will destroy the fps aspect of the game. That is what I really enjoy more than racing to see who can nab the superdectructo tank and mow down the helpless ground pounders.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:45 pm

• I agree with both of you, i don't like vehicles and i don't like third-person. No 200 health, 200 armor, amp, or hmg either! Looks like we'll be getting more details over the next year.

Been disappointed with so many game releases over the past 5-6 years i've learned to have no expectations. If it's good, i'll be pleasantly surprised.
    =OSS*OGT=

Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:46 pm

• =OSS*OGT= wrote:Been disappointed with so many game releases over the past 5-6 years i've learned to have no expectations. If it's good, i'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ditto....

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:36 pm

• 2003... The Unreal 2K4 Demo arrived... OmegatrOn was the man.;}... Next to Mr. DoWrong 2K3 Legand... Mo-G, Naz, Danp, Bungle, Donk, M, MAD, Kid, Iceman, Batman, Injun... LoL Injun couldn't hit the side of a barn and made a hell of a target, but when I had the flag he was my boost com padre, girl was Nina and peepeetime was tweek head of Hic disguised... I was setting up match's with HIC, BDC, XxxX, and s!c was the bomb... NAZ was the short stack character running around Gunnin and bunny hoppin like a Mofo!!! That's all it was like, he was to big in the game to get shot at but could gun down who ever he wanted.... I swear that's what it seemed like... No one could stop US... Nothin but CTF, Runnin and Shock Gunnin...
    It seemed Mo-G Knew every glitch one week before I did... Babylon was and probably is still to big for his own head and I'm still rockin his signature... When Roid, OGT, Term, Tenchi, sadava, Lt Dan and the SoF side of =OSS*= would show up... It made the night go by so fast next thing I would know it was next week and my comp would be dyeing from being on for 140 outta 172 hrs... Back in that day you were a runner or a gunner... And Nina was the best of both... Cant forget Pink... I swear she and =OSS*=.... And the true Old Schoolers have been there and for some reason as long as The powers that be... I have a feeling will alway's be here......
    I'M ADDICTED 2 MY ITOUCH...
    ImageImage
    =OSS*OmegatrOn=

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:04 am

• RF:G... demo April 28th? full game hits June 9th? we'll see... i hear there's multiplayer... LET'S HOPE IT DOESN'T SUCK!!
    =OSS*OGT=

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:07 am

• oh yeah... old RF fans: remember Red Faction View? There's still people posting rail maps, lol. ah the old school.... damn that game hooked me for so long.
    =OSS*OGT=

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:17 am

• kool a history lesson!!!!

I know alot more about OSS now for sure!

:D

Lets get that next COD a shot... i hear it will be awesome.

New Red Faction seem to look alot more like Halo3 to me-which is good.

It even has a melee weapon - Hammer just like halo.

Hammer is funnest weapon in halo3
    8) 8) 8)

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:34 am

• The trailers look awesome......... but then again they always do. I have hopes for RFG, I just hope it isn't a dud.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:59 pm

• How did you come up with bloodrave? I can't seem to find the connection between =OSS* and bloodrave. It's been a question that I never could find an answer to. :?:
    =OSS*Bomber=

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 pm

• Well, let's see.......... Originally this was not a "clan" website/forum. When NAZ started up Bloodrave it was just a bunch of gamers, OSS didn't come into being until we started to get heavy into Soldier of Fortune II many months later. For a while we had both bloodrave and and OSS forum going but it eventually consolidated them and kept bloodrave as the url.
    =OSS*ROID=
    Admin

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:58 am

• Np Blood. Guys who remembers Bjorn Borg meeting Jimmy Connors in Wimbledon finals is allowed to get carried away... :twisted: :D :lol:
    I just put my eys open and awaiting my coffe to be ready. Tired from an insane long session with Flyswamper last night - but it was alot of fun

ImageImage
    =OSS*TERMINATOR=
    The Swedish Bulldozer

PreviousNext

Return to -Legion-

Information